Chapter 33

1 week later-

"Come on baby you've got this." Colby whispered in her ear. "You're doing amazing honey."

"Just a few more pushes Rebecca and she'll be out." The doctor said.

"I can't. I can't do this, i'm so tired." Rebecca cried out of breath. Colby brushed her sweaty hair out of her face and rested his forehead against hers. She gave his hand another squeeze, even though Colby could barely feel it because it was so numb. "I can't do this Colby, it hurts so bad."

Colby shook his head. "Rebecca you are the strongest person i know, you can do anything. I know you're in pain but you just have a few more pushes then we get to see our little girl." Colby whispered to her. "You've got this love."

She nodded and squeezed his hand once more as she started to push again. She had been in labor for 26 hours, and she was exhausted. She had been pushing for almost 3 hours, and Colby had been there with her trying to comfort her, but she just wanted their daughter to hurry up and come so they could go home.

The doctors and nurses were all surrounding her while she pushed, and Colby kept whispering encouraging words in her ear. "Alright Rebecca i see her head! We just need a big push and she'll be here!"

Rebecca nodded and pushed once again. She was squeezing Colby's hand, making it even more numb, while he wrapped his arm around her back. She stopped to take a breath, and rested her head against the bed. Colby leaned over and kissed her forehead multiple times. "You're doing amazing Becks."

When the doctor gave her the motion to continue, Rebecca leaned back up and pushed again. She let out a scream and then all that was heard was crying. Rebecca looked at Colby who had tears in his eyes and rested her forehead against his. "You did amazing baby. I'm so proud of you." He cradled her face and gave her a soft kiss.

The doctors grabbed the baby and gave her to Rebecca. Rebecca was in immediate awe of their new little family member. "Hi Roux!" Rebecca cooed. "Hi baby, mommy's so glad to finally meet you!" She gave Roux a kiss and then the doctors took her to clean her up, before they cleaned and stitched Rebecca up.

About an hour later Rebecca and Colby were sitting on the bed admiring their daughter. Colby had his arms wrapped around Rebecca as she held Roux. "She's beautiful Becks." Colby said running his finger lightly over Roux's tiny face.

Rebecca smiled. "She is." She then took her little beanie off and showed Colby her hair. "She's got a head full of hair too." They both chuckled before Rebecca looked up at Colby. "You want to hold her?"

Colby nodded and Rebecca handed him the baby. He held her protectively in his arms. Rebecca looked up at him and kissed his cheek. "Hi Roux..." He whispered. "I'm so happy to finally meet you Roux bear." He kissed her nose and when he sat back up she sneezed. "Oh, bless you." He said as him and Rebecca chuckled.

Roux then opened up her eyes and looked at her dad. Colby and Rebecca smiled real big and watched as she looked around. "Baby, she has your eyes." Rebecca said looking at Colby.

Colby smiled even bigger. "You are so beautiful Roux. You've got your mommy's features, so i'm glad you have my eyes." He said making Rebecca laugh. "You're going to be so spoiled and loved. You've already got tons of gifts from your grandma Holly, and your Uncles and Aunt, Joe, Jonathan and Renee can't wait to meet you." Roux looked up at him while he talked. He ran his finger over her hand and she grabbed onto his finger. "Awe, i love you so much!" He whispered. He looked over at Rebecca and leaned down before connecting their lips. "I love you too mama."

Rebecca laughed and connected their lips again. "I love you too, daddy." She rested her head on his shoulder while they admired Roux. "I can't believe we're parents. We're a family now."

"Yeah, we won't be sleeping for a few years."

"A few years? Heck we won't be sleeping till she's at least a teenager."

"And then we'll be up all night wondering who she's out with, so we won't sleep till she's married."

"You're gonna let her get married?"

"Oh wait no. She's not getting married, a boy don't deserve a little princess like her." Colby said running his thumb across their still connected hands. "You're never going to date either. I'm gonna protect you your whole life Roux, no one's gonna hurt you little love."

Rebecca laughed and leaned up to kiss his cheek. "Do you care if i take a nap? I'm exhausted." Rebecca said.

Colby nodded and gave her a gentle kiss. "Of course love. Do you want me to get you anything? If you're still sore i can ask the nurse for some medicine?"

Rebecca shook her head. "I'll be ok, i'm just wanting to rest." She rested her head on his shoulder, and wrapped her arms around one of his. "Wake me up if she gets hungry."

Colby nodded and kissed her forehead as she closed her eyes to sleep. He then looked back down at his daughter and laughed when she yawned. "What are you tired from huh? You shouldn't be tired, you just put your mommy through hell." When Roux closed her eyes he leaned down and kissed her cheek gently.

Colby had never thought that he would ever be a dad. He had killed so many people, and had done so many things in life, that he didn't think he even deserved to be happy. But now that he had a family, he was planning on doing whatever it took to keep them safe. Even if it meant doing those bad things once again.