Chapter 2

Rebecca normally woke up around 8:00 to start getting ready for the day. She would always take a shower then get ready, and afterwards she would relax before going to work. But today was different. Since she had dragged the body threw her bakery, she had to go in early and clean up her mess before anyone saw.

She was the owner of The Sweet Shop, so she was the only one with a key. So she got up and got ready and was out the door by 6:00. She never opened the bakery's doors until 8:30, so she had enough time before anyone came in. She went inside and turned the kitchen light on before grabbing bleach and a mop.

She mopped the whole kitchen, then cleaned the storage room. Maybe i should have taken him somewhere else. She knew it would be a job to clean up the smell, and the bloody mess, but it didn't take her as long as she thought it would.

At about 8:00 she had finished and put the mop and bleach away. Hopefully i won't have to kill anyone anytime soon. She washed her hands then went to the sitting area of the bakery and sat down. She pulled out her phone and replied to texts and emails from her family over seas. A knock is what interrupted her from her thoughts as she looked up and seen Pam waving from the door.

Rebecca smiled and ran over to the door and unlocked it letting her in. She pulled her into a big hug. "Hey Pam! I've missed you, i'm so sorry i wasn't able to meet up with you guys i've been busy."

Pam released her from the hug and furrowed her eyebrows. "Girl it's ok! I just wanted to stop by to check on you. We can also reign check, and besides, we had a robbery at the library last night so i had to deal with that."

Someone tried to steal from a Library? What's wrong with these people? "We'll that sounds... interesting. Did you find out who it was?" Rebecca had never heard of anyone trying to steal a book before, so she was shocked.

"Yeah it was just some teenagers." She shrugged and looked around. "I guess they were trying to be funny."

Rebecca laughed and walked towards her sweets. "You want one? The breakfast muffins are a big deal."

Pam smiled and grabbed one. She took a bite and closed her eyes, "Rebecca these are so good!" Rebecca smiled and grabbed one for herself. "I need the recipe for this girl."

Rebecca and Pam ate their muffins before throwing the wrappers away. "We'll thank you very much for the delicious breakfast, but i need to get back to Tony and help him at the library. I'll talk to you later Becks!" Pam says leaving.

Rebecca waved goodbye and then she seen her workers coming in. "Hey Trin! Hey Gionna!" She says as they grab their aprons.

"Hey sexy becks!" Trinity says hugging her. "Lord. It took me forever to deliver them packages. Someone put their old address on the label, so i had to take it to their new one." Trinity shook her head and laughed. "I need to get busy." She says going into the kitchen.

Rebecca laughed then turned towards Gionna, "How is miss Daddio doing." She says.

Gionna smiled and finished tying her apron, "I'm doing pretty good. I'm excited to decorate this cake." She says pointing to the wedding cake they had to deliver tomorrow.

"It does look good. I'll let you get busy." With that Rebecca walked off and started taking peoples orders.

The everyday customers were huddled up at a table drinking their usuals, and there were a few couples eating at other tables. She turned around and noticed a guy in the back booth staring at her. The men in this town. She didn't acknowledge him and went to clean another booth.

She went back up to the front and realized the man was now standing in line waiting to order. She went behind the cash register and waited for him to come forward. "Hello sir, what can i get for you?"

When the guy looked up she admired his features. He had his long hair pulled back into a man bun, and had a cap on. He had dark glowing brown eyes and a smile that could kill. He looked at her and smiled, "Uhm... I'm new around here, so i've never tried anything here, i was just wondering what's good... ya know."

Rebecca smiled and blushed. "Yeah of course! We have strawberry, raspberry, blueberry, and chocolate chip muffins that are great to start off the day, we have coffee, specialized coffee, and drinks, and we can make about anything sweet, so does that help some? I've had some new customers here this week, actually and they had gotten to order their own type of coffee and they loved it! We also have new customers come in and eat our muffins before work and they normally come back." She looked up at him and they looked in each other's eyes. I probably didn't make any sense. Why am i so nervous?

He smiled and looked up at the menu. "Ok, i'll just take a coffee to go." And he smirked after she furrowed her eyebrows. "I read the menu Ms. Quin." He says winking.

Rebecca blushed and took his money before putting it in the cash register. "I should have caught on to that but i didn't." She laughed. She turned around and started working on his coffee. "So did you just move here?"

He put his wallet back into his pocket and nodded. "Yeah i got an apartment downtown next to the local library, so i'll be moving in today." He smiled as she handed him his coffee.

"We'll i wish you all the best! You have an amazing day." She smiled.

"You too." He picked up his coffee and winked at her before leaving. Rebecca then turned around and shook her head smiling, before going to make some cookies.