Chapter 27

"Dude what do we do?!" Jonathan was panicking as he paced through the room. Colby was still holding Rebecca trying to get her to wake up.

"Come on!" He gently picked her up bridal style and walked out of the apartment. The other three stood there. "Guys come on! We're taking her to the hospital!" Joe nodded and grabbed the keys while Jonathan and Renee followed.

They got her in the car and Joe drove while Renee and Colby sat in the back with her. Colby had her cradled to her chest, with tears in his eyes. "She's ok Colby. We'll be there in a few minutes ok?" Jonathan looked back at him through the mirror.

"Did she take any medication before you left?" Joe kept his eyes on the road as he asked.

Colby shook his head. "No she didn't take anything. I was afraid to give her anything where she was throwing up. I didn't want to make it worse." He tightened his arms around her and kissed her head.

"Ok. She may be de-hydrated and that's why she passed out. It happens all of the time." Joe assured him.

Renee rubbed his arm trying to calm him down. "She'll be ok Colby." She smiled up at him, then looked up at Joe and Jonathan. "Do y'all know where the hospital is?"

Jonathan gave her a smug look. "Yes Renee do you think we're stupid or something?" Joe chuckled at Jonathan's words.

Renee didn't say anything she just smiled and sat back. A few minutes later they finally made it to the hospital. Joe helped Colby and Rebecca out of the car, and Colby rushed in the hospital. "I need help!" Some doctors ran over to him and put Rebecca on a stretcher. "She passed out and wont wake up." They nodded and took her to the back. Colby followed them before they held him back.

"Sir only family is allowed back here."

"I'm her fiancé." Colby was hoping he sounded casual. It must have worked because they let him back into the room. They laid her on the hospital bed and gave her iv's. "Is she going to be ok?"

The nurse smiled up at him. "She'll be ok sir. We're going to take some tests to make sure there isn't anything else wrong with her, but she's just de-hydrated."

Colby sighed a breath of relief. "Ok thank you ma'am." He said as she left the room. He pulled up a chair to sit beside her. He grabbed her hand and held it. He texted  Joe and told him what the nurse said, and he also told them to just come back during visiting hours tomorrow. They had insisted on staying, but he told them to just go home.

About an hour later Rebecca started to stir. Colby jumped up and rubbed her hair out of her face as she opened her eyes. She looked around confused before looking up at him. "Hi." She sat up and looked down at her arms. "What happened?"

Colby sat down on the bed beside of her and held her hand. "You passed out Becks. But you'll be ok the nurse said you was de-hydrated." She nodded and he leaned down and kissed her. "Are you feeling alright?"

She nodded. "Yeah i've just got a headache." She looked up at the clock. "How long was i out?"

"I'm not for sure. I didn't know the exact time you passed out but when we came back we saw you lying there." He put some of her hair behind her ear. "You scared the crap out of us."

Rebecca leaned into his touch. "I'm sorry. I think i scared little kevin too."

The nurse came back in the room with some equipment. "Hello Ms. Quin! It's nice to see you're awake." Colby moved over to his chair so the nurse could take some tests. "How are you feeling?"

"Im feeling ok, i'm nauseous and i have a slight headache."

"You'll probably have a headache for a while. I can give you some medicine for the nausea when i get finished with these tests."

The nurse took Rebecca's blood and put it in the machine. "Alright i'll be back when the results come through. For now just drink some water and try to eat some. If you need anything just press this button." She said pointing towards the remote. The nurse grabbed her things and rolled the machine out of the room.

Colby stood back up and sat on the bed, rubbing his hand up and down her thigh. "Are you ok?" He looked at her confused. "You found me unconscious in your apartment. I know that scared you."

He gave her a sad smile. "I mean i'm ok now, but finding you... finding you laying there...it scared me."

She reached up and cupped his face. "I called and you didn't answer and that had me worried. I thought that you may have been asleep, but i never thought i'd find you unconscious," She rubbed her thumb across his cheek, wiping away a tear. "You could have been dead and i wouldn't have know because i wasn't there."

Rebecca put there foreheads together and gently connected their lips. "I'm alright love. Don't be blaming yourself ok, i'm alright."

He nodded and hugged her. "I love you."

"I love you too." He rubbed her back until he heard her stomach growl. "I'm a little hungry." She chuckled and sat back.

He laughed and stood up. "I'll go get you something to eat." He grabbed his keys and phone and kissed her. "What do you want?"

She squinted her eyes. "Can i have a salad?"

He nodded and kissed her again. She wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. He hesitantly pulled back. "I'll be back." He turned around to leave when his phone rang. "Hello?"

"Hey man. I'm sorry if this is a bad time, but uhm, the search party is over."

Colby nodded at Joe's words. "Ok did they find Gionna?"

"No they didn't find her, but Colby, they found Leighla..."