Chapter 28

When Colby turned around and looked at Rebecca, she knew something bad had happened. "Colby? What happened?"

Colby shook his head and hung up the phone. He started pacing around the room rubbing his hands through his hair. "Colby?! What's going on?!"

He stopped and looked at her. "They found Leighla."

No. This is worse than them finding Gionna! Oh my god! "Please tell me you're joking!"

Rebecca got up from the bed and went over to Colby. "I'm not joking! They found her body Rebecca!" She stumbled as she stepped closer. He caught her and helped her back to the bed. "Rebecca sit down. You don't need to be walking right now."

"I'm fine! Colby i'm fine! What do i do?! This is worse than them finding Gionna! What am i supposed to do?!"

Colby shook his head. "I don't know."

Rebecca thought about what had happened. She had shot Leighla and she buried the gun she had used with her. If they do a scan on the gun they'll know who used it. Maybe they won't take a scan. Maybe they'll think she killed her self. "Colby turn on the news."

He turned it on and sat on the bed. They saw Leighla get lifted into the ambulance to be taken away. "We'll figure something out Rebecca." He rubbed her thigh as they sat back and watched.

A few minutes later the doctor came in. Colby turned off of the tv and stood up. "Hello! How are you feeling?" The doctor stood beside of the bed with her clipboard.

"I'm feeling fine. Im still nauseous but other than that i'm ok."

"Well your test results are back."

"Ok great! Is she ok?" Colby asked standing beside of her.

"She's great actually. We took some blood tests and they all came back good." She looked back at her clipboard and then back to them. "Are you two sexually active?"

Rebecca nodded and looked up at Colby. "Yeah, why?"

The doctor smiled. "I figured, because...well, the reason you've been so sick is because your 8 weeks pregnant."

Rebecca and Colby looked at each other with wide eyes. "Wait what?! You're serious?" He asked.

The doctor nodded. "Yes. I would like to take some tests to make sure everything is ok with the baby, so i'll be back in a little bit." She walked to the door and opened it up. "Congratulations you two!" She said leaving.

Rebecca sat there holding her stomach while Colby stood there in shock. "How are you pregnant?"

"Well let's see, when two people love each other-"

"I know how you're pregnant i mean, how?"

Rebecca took his hand in hers. "Remember the shower? If i'm thinking correctly that was few months ago, and i'm 8 weeks right now so it adds up." We're having a baby. Im going to be a mom.

Colby sat on the bed and took her hands in his. "Baby you're pregnant... we're gonna be parents!" She smiled and nodded. He cupped her face and gave her a dizzying kiss. "Oh my god...you're pregnant!" He had a big goofy smile on his face.

"Yeah, i am." They were both smiling not being able to believe the news. "Colby... how are we going to do this?"

"What do you mean? We're going to have a baby Becks!"

"Yeah i know that, but how are we going to be able to do, this? We're not engaged or married, what if we break up?"

Colby cupped her face. "Rebecca we are not gonna break up. I love you more than anyone or anything in this world. You are my world."

She teared up and he wiped his thumb over her face. "We're psychotic Colby, we've killed people, and i might go to jail because of Leighla! Our child is going to have a miserable life because of us!"

Colby nodded at her words. "You're right...we've done terrible things, but that doesn't mean we can't change!"

"Change? Change how Colby? We're crazy! We can't afford this. And we live in a small apartment that's not big enough to raise a child in, what can we do?"

They didn't speak for a few minutes before Colby rubbed his thumbs across her face. "Why don't we move?"

Rebecca furrowed her eyebrows. "Move?! Where, Colby?"

"We can move to Iowa, and start over. We can buy a home and raise our child in it, we can be a family Rebecca. Me, you, and our baby." He said placing his lips on her abdomen.

Rebecca ran her fingers through his hair. "What about Joe and Jonathan? And Renee? What about my friends? I can't just leave Ashley and Pam... they've already lost Mercedes they can't lose me..."

Colby looked up at her. "Joe and Jonathan can come with us, so can Renee! Maybe you can convince Ashley and Pam to come with us?"

Rebecca thought about what was happening. If they moved it would be to start over for their family. She's pregnant now and she has a life to take care of. If they stay here, she could end up in jail, and would more than likely kill more people.

They had done terrible things living in New York, so why should they stay. "I'm not asking them to come with us Colby. I understand if Joe and Jonathan and Renee came, but Ashley and Pam don't deserve this life. Im not asking them to come, but if we move... i want us to be better. I want us to try to stay together, so we can raise our baby the way he or she should be raised. I want us to be the best parents, and lovers...so if moving is what we need to do to accomplish that, then that's what we're going to do..."

Colby nodded and kissed her. "We'll pack when we get home ok?" She nodded. "Listen i know this is all going... really fast but, if we stay here you know what could happen. I just want to protect you."

Rebecca nodded. "I know. It's actually going too fast because i've not had time to process anything," They both laughed, "but we need to do what's best for our baby."

Rebecca knew this was going by too fast. She never thought she could have been pregnant, at least not this early, but here she is. She had moved the New York to start her bakery, but along the way she fell in love, making all of her plans take a different route. When she found out they both were psychopaths she thought that they wouldn't be able to be together anymore, but they made it worked. Now that she was pregnant she was determined to make this work too.