Chapter 37

Now that Colby knew Randy was back, he had taken tons of precautions to keep his family safe. He had Jon and Joe on the look out for him, telling him every time they saw him, while he kept Rebecca and Roux safe in the house. He would check his security cameras all of the time making Rebecca wonder what the hell was going on? She had never seen Colby be this protective or scared, even when she was pregnant. Every time he heard something outside he immediately tensed up thinking it was Randy.

This has been happening for the past month now, and Rebecca was growing worried for her fiancé. He even went against his own word, and had Joe and Jonathan put the glass cage back up in the coffee shops basement, just in case he had to deal with Randy.

Rebecca had just got done giving their now 4 month old daughter a bath. Roux loved bath time, probably because she would splash whoever was bathing her. She got her dressed in her pjs and sat her in the swing downstairs in the living room. Colby was sitting on the couch on his phone when Rebecca turned back around. "Hey babe? Can we talk?" She asked sitting next to him.

Colby nodded and put his phone away. "Jon texted me he said Randy came to the shop today looking for me." He shook his head and leaned back. "What's wrong?" He said looking at her.

Rebecca shook her head. "I just want to know what's going on...?" She gave him a worried look. "Colby i've never seen you like this and it's starting to freak me out."

"Don't be worried about me, i'm fine." He said taking a sip of his water.

"But...you've been acting so...different, i just want to know if you're ok?"

Colby shook his head and stood up to look out the window. "I'm just taking precautions Becks, it's fine." He walked back over to the couch and sat down. He looked at her and pulled her into a hug. "I'm sorry if i've scared you... i'm just worried."

Rebecca pulled back and cupped his face while his hands rested on her thighs. "Colby you have nothing to worry about. Whatever you think Randy is going to do, we'll stop him." Colby shook his head.

He gently rubbed her wrists and sighed. "Randy... is a bad man. He has killed, and he has stole money from all kinds of people." He paused and took a breath. "After me, Jonathan, and Joe figured out he had killed one of our friends, we attacked him. He was almost dead but one of his guys came and helped him out. He got away and we thought we would never see him again until he came after Renee. We were all pissed so we attacked him again and this time we left him for dead." He rubbed on her wrists again. "And now that he's back, he's going to try and get revenge." He paused and looked at Roux who was playing with a button on her swing, giggling at the sounds, before he looked back to Rebecca. "I'm just wanting to keep my girls safe."

Rebecca gave him a sad smile and rested her forehead on his. "He has no idea that you are engaged and has a daughter with another woman, so let's keep it that way. Does he know where we live?"

"Yeah. He came here once before and tried to break in but i wasn't home." He gave her nose a slight kiss. "If he finds out about you two, he will try to kill you."

Rebecca nodded and connected their lips. "Well if he goes after me he'll be the one to get killed." Colby shook his head. "We're crazy remember?"

Colby laughed slightly and kissed her forehead. "Yeah i forget that sometimes."

Rebecca looked over at Roux and smiled. "What are we supposed to do Colby? We came here to change for her, we can't just go and kill people again."

Colby nodded and looked towards his daughter as well. "Maybe we should just forget about that deal for a while and make sure our family is safe ok?" She looked at him with a confused look. "She's still a baby so she won't remember it. Plus if we get rid of him she'll have a happy and safe life without someone trying to hurt her."

Rebecca sighed, but she knew he was right. They needed to get rid of all of the bad people so their daughter could be free from all the bad in the world. They just had to be careful to not get caught and be put in prison for life. "Okay..." She says smiling him.

Roux then got mad at her swing button and started fussing. Rebecca got down and picked her up bouncing her on her knee. Colby watched as she made different faces to make her laugh, and that brought a smile to his face. Roux was giggling then started reaching for Colby. "Oh you want daddy huh?" Rebecca said lifting her and kissing her cheek before passing her to Colby. "You're such a daddy's girl."

Colby smiled and kissed Roux's face multiple times making her giggle again. "She is a daddy's girl, ain't you Roux bear." He sat Roux on his lap and wrapped his other arm around Rebecca as they sat on the couch enjoying watching their daughter. She would look around and make baby noises then look at them and smile, patting Colby's knee. He looked down at Rebecca and smiled. "I love you. Both of you... so much."

Rebecca smiled and rubbed Roux's cheek and leaned up before connecting her and Colby's lips. "I love you too."