Chapter 3

After a long day at work Rebecca was killed. She started at 8:30 and she didn't leave until 8 that night. Maybe i should just stop working so many hours, i mean, i am the owner. She had stopped at a food truck after work to get hibachi, then she went to Leah and Ashley's store to hang out with them. "So yeah, i really like him! He was so nice, and he's so fine...". Leah had been talking nonstop about a guy she had started dating. Rebecca couldn't even remember the name but Leah seemed happy. "What about you Ash? How are you and that... Manny is it? How are you doing?"

No. Do. Not. Ask about him. Ashley rolled her eyes and  sighed, "We'll he's been ignoring me for a whole week! A WHOLE WEEK! I mean who does that?" Ashley took a drink from her slushy. "I'm thinking about getting rid of him."

That's the thing! I already have Ash... so stop worrying about him. "Maybe he's been busy... you said he was mexican right? He may be busy with family." Rebecca wanted to sound hopeful, but she knew where he really was. "But i mean it's been a week right? I'd dump my boyfriend if he did that to me. You deserve better."

Ashley gave Rebecca a side hug. "We'll you two can hang out here as long as you want, but i have a date so..."

"Yeah, yeah. We get it. I'll lock up the shop you, go have fun." Ashley says waving Leah out the door. "I'm gonna go and leave Manny a voicemail, since he's too busy to answer my calls, and tell him it's over. I deserve better."

You do deserve better, Rebecca thought. "We'll you be careful ok... i'm gonna head home." Rebecca hugged Ashley as they stood. "I'll talk to you later. Bye Ash!"

With that Rebecca then left. Manny was a bad person, and Ashley didn't deserve him. When they had started dating, he seemed like a nice guy, but after Rebecca found him one night cheating on her, she took matters into her own hands. When he came into the bakery a few days later, and she seen him with a different girl, she became furious. She had drugged his coffee, and before he had left, she found him passed out in his car. So when everyone left she dragged him back into her secret basement. She kept him there for two days, just so she could ask him questions about the affair, then she shot him after he lied about it. While he was in there begging to get out, he had told her that he had multiple women, and he had abused most of them. I'm protecting Ashley. She told herself.

Rebecca had pulled into her driveway and shut the car off before getting out. She started up to her house when she heard a truck door slam behind her. When she turned around she seen someone approaching her with a smile. "We'll if this isn't a surprise ... Hello Ms. Rebecca."

She looked up at him and seen the same guy from earlier. After he had left, she thought about how he knew her name, but then when someone else said "hello Rebecca", she realized he had read her name tag. He remembered me. "Hello to you too...?" Crap he never told me his name.

He blushed and reached out his hand. "Colby, Colby Lopez." She shook his hand as they both smiled at each other.

"Did you follow me here or..." She had suspicions about him from earlier, so she was hoping he wasn't stalking her.

He chuckled and looked back at the apartment across from her. "I actually just bought that house a few days ago. The moving company finally brought my stuff so i get to move in today remember? Do you live here?"

"Yeah, yeah i do. I've lived here for a little while now, it's a great neighborhood, so hopefully you'll like it."

"We'll i've already met one of my neighbors and she's really nice." He said looking at her with a slight smile. He's talking about me. Rebecca blushed at that thought. "I should probably go and, ya know move my stuff in."

Rebecca looked at his apartment then back at him. "Yeah yeah of course!" They both looked at each other, like they didn't want to stop staring into each other's eyes. "Uhm... would you want my number?" That's one way to communicate with him.

He fumbled around in his fanny pack and pulled out his phone. "Yeah!" He says making them both laugh. "I mean... sure." He said more calmly. They traded each other's numbers and handed their phones back to one another.

"We'll i hope everything goes ok! If you need anything, or any help...or just want to hang out... text or call. I'll be there." Rebecca says.

Colby smiled, "Of course... i'll talk to you later Rebecca. Have a good night..." He told her as he started walking back towards his apartment .

Rebecca smiled then went into hers. She shut the door and locked it, before taking off her shoes and going to the window. She watched as Colby moved around his new home, trying to figure out where everything goes. He's so... different. Who is he really? She watched as he hung up some movie and band posters on his living room wall. Rebecca chuckled slightly, such a dork. In a good way. Rebecca had never felt this way about someone. Sure she had some "guy" friends, but they never made her feel this type of way. She  barely knows Colby, but he already seems like a great guy.

He looked through his window and seen her looking at him. He smiled and waved, making Rebecca smile as she closed the curtain. She then went over to her night stand to write in her journal, knowing that Colby was going to be a very interesting guy to get to know.