Chapter 16

Hanging out with friends was one of Rebecca's favorite things to do. She mostly, no surprise, loved being around Colby. Whether it was watching him scream at a football game, or take kevin out for walks, or even the sex, she loved being around him. And now that they had been dating for a while, their friends finally decided to meet each other. After Mercedes's death the girls rarely hung out anymore. It didn't feel right without Mercedes, heck it never would, but being around Colby, Jonathan, and Joe was really nice. They, along side Rebecca, Ashley, and Pam were currently at a diner hanging out. At first it was a little awkward but then they all started talking, and now they were all friends.

"So you just ride bikes all day? Sounds fun dude." Pam was laughing at Jonathan's story about his motorcycle. "I've always wanted to ride one so maybe i'll have to open up the piggy bank and get me one."

Jonathan laughed and drank his coffee. "Yeah you should try it, it's a break from the world in a way."

Ashley and Joe were in their own conversation, so the other four just sat and talked. "Me and you need to go riding again. I've still got my bike back in Iowa so maybe when i go to visit my family i can bring it back with me." Colby wrapped his arm around Rebecca. "You should too. Actually we all should! It would be a fun trip for all of us."

"I would love too, i don't think i've ever rode one before though so someone-" She nudged Colby's arm and smiled. "would have to teach me."

Joe and Ashley's finally joined in on the conversation. "Do what now? I heard something about bikes and taking a trip together." Joe ate a piece of bacon and took a drink from his coffee.

"I was telling them about my bike and now they all want to go riding." Jonathan ate a bite of his hash browns, "It would be fun. I think we should go sometime."

Ashley nodded. "Yeah that sounds awesome! Where do you normally ride?"

"When we lived in Iowa we would ride through the mountains and take some back roads on hiking trails. We've not rode together in a while so we would have to come up with a new spot" Colby sipped on his coffee, "Is Renee supposed to meet us here? She still hasn't met Becks."

Jonathan smiled and nodded. "Yeah she's supposed too. She texted me 12 minutes ago saying she was on her way, so she should be here any time now." He then finished his hash browns, "She's very excited to meet you three. She may be a little more excited for Becks, but it's because it's Colby's girlfriend."

Pam laughed. "Nah we get it." She took a sip of her coffee, and tried not to spit it back out from laughing at one of Jonathan's jokes.

Renee finally came in and her face lit up when she seen all of them. "Hey guys!" Joe got up and hugged her first and she came around the other side to hug Colby, then she kissed Jonathan. She smiled and shook hands with Pam and Ashley before taking Rebecca's. "It's so nice to meet you guys! I need new friends besides these three weirdos." She sat down beside Jon and took a piece of bacon from him.

They sat there for and hour talking about everything. This is what it feels like to be happy. Not only did she have Colby, who was her best friend and her boyfriend all in one, she had her best friends and now she had Renee and her, "big brothers" Jonathan and Joe, as Rebecca called them.

They all left the diner and Colby and Rebecca had went back to his apartment. Rebecca had to go to the grocery store so he knew she couldn't stay long. "Ok i have to go to the store and then i need to stop at the bakery for something and then i should be home."

"Okay. Be careful and text or call if you need anything. Love you." He leaned his head back on the couch and gave her a kiss.

She left and went to the store. She had gotten fruit and vegetables, and then she got some "good" based foods for that weeks dinner. She went to check out and then left. She stopped and got Leighla some food then headed towards the bakery. She opened the back door and went down to the basement. "Hey." She said waving the food bag around.

She opened the cage and gave her the food. "Thanks." Leighla opened it up and started eating. "What are you doing?"

Rebecca had Leighla's phone and was cleaning it off for her. "Well i'm about to make a deal with you, so i wanted you to have a clean phone." Rebecca walked back over to the cage and tossed the phone in. "I want you to pack your bags and get the heck out of New York. I want you to never text, call, or even email Colby again. I also want you to keep this between us, i don't the police to find out about this, got it? Or I will take matters into my own hands."

Leighla looked at her confused. "You're letting me go?"

"Yes. If you agree to what i just told you." Rebecca crossed her arms and waited.

Leighla stood up and grabbed her phone. "Deal i won't tell anyone. Open the cage." Leighla gripped onto her phone tightly as she waited for Rebecca to unlock the cage.

As soon as Rebecca did, she tackled her to the floor, "YOU ARE INSANE!" Leighla kicked her in the stomach making her wince. "You're gonna be in jail for a long time."

Leighla started to dial 911 when Rebecca kicked her, making her run into the cage. Rebecca grabbed a gun and shot her before she could move. We'll i got rid of the problem i guess.

Rebecca knew she was more than likely going to kill her, but she was trying to let her go. I'm glad i did. She's obsessed with Colby, and i can't allow that. She put the gun down and put Leighla's now dead body into a body bag. She done her usual and buried her in the woods before going back and cleaning up the blood. She closed up the bakery before going out to her car...being met with a bat to the face.