Scorpion

(Y/n) (l/n) stood alone. He looked down at the stone before him and sighed. He had thought he was over her, he had no clue how he'd go about getting over her if nothing had worked so far. He took his eyes off the gravestone before turning around and leaving the graveyard. Visiting the grave wasn't helping, if anything it just hurt more.

After leaving the graveyard (y/n) pulled out his web shooters and put them on. He then slipped on his mask before beginning to swing away. "Fuck life" he muttered before changing directions to swing towards the hospital.

Half an hour later (y/n) swung through the open window of Gwen Stacy's hospital room. The girl was still comatose and didn't show any signs of waking up soon. "One girlfriend dead, another in a coma" the boy hit his head against the wall before pulling off his mask and shoving it into his coat pocket. "At least I still have you" (y/n) turned to the bed again and pet the kitten who lay on Gwen's lap. (Y/n) had brought Hestia to the hospital that morning and ever since she had refused to leave Gwen's side. The cat meowed and nuzzled the boys hand before going back to relaxing on Gwen's lap.

(Y/n) sat down on a chair beside the bed and sighed before putting his head in his hands. A moment later the boy was asleep. It had been days since the boy had gotten sleep, the constant stress and grief of everything had eaten away at him.

He closed his eyes only to open them as he heard voices approach the hospital room. "Gwen's father" he muttered to himself before standing up and jumping out the window. He wasn't ready for that conversation yet. The boy slid his mask back on as he swung away.

Half an hour later the boy was laying in his bed back at home. He could already tell as he stared up at the ceiling that it'd be another sleepless night.

The morning

Surprisingly the boy had been able to fall asleep. Unsurprisingly his sleep was plagued with nightmares. The boy screamed as he bolted up in the bed. He looked to his side quickly for Gwen before remembering what had happened. "Fuck!"

(Y/n) got out of bed and got dressed before he heard the sirens of police cars. He quickly took his clothes off to reveal his costume and slid his mask on before jumping out the window and following the noise. "Finally, I need someone to beat up"

When he arrived on the scene (y/n) was greeted with the sight of two police cars flipped on their sides, all the officers inside dead. The scorpion laughed maniacally from atop the second police car. "So, you're the new guy then?"

"Unfortunately for you, yes" (y/n) replied as he smirked under his mask. If there was one thing the boy enjoyed it was beating up people weaker than him. "With the mood I'm in you'll be lucky if you don't end up in a full body cast"

"Oh? what happened? Did your girlfriend dump you?" The scorpion mocked as he started laughing. "You-" he was cut off as he was punched in the stomach by (y/n) and sent flying back into the wall of a nearby building.

"I'm not in the mood to talk you prick" (y/n) said as he slowly walked over to the scorpion as he began to stand back up. "Superior Spidey smash!" The boy yelled as he grabbed the scorpions tail and swung him around in circles violently. Eventually (y/n) let go and the villain went flying into yet another building. Blood fell from the villains mouth as he groaned and fell onto his back. (Y/n) walked over to him again. "Get up!"

Scorpion spat blood on the boys mask as he slowly got back up only to get punched in he face. "You're fucking pathetic!" (Y/n) growled before punching the man once again in the face. He glanced over yet again at the police cars and the dead bodies. He punched Scorpion again knocking a few of his teeth out as he coughed.

"Spider-Man! Stop!" (Y/n) ignored the voice as he once again punched the scorpion in the face.

At this point the criminal smirked even though he looked half dead. "T-that the best you've got?" Scorpion whispered with a small laugh. (Y/n) once again punched him in the face before someone grabbed his arms and pulled him off of the scorpion. The criminal fell to the floor unmoving.

The boy turned and punched, the punch was caught and the boy found himself face to face with Captain America, Torunn stood behind him looking shocked at the sight before her. "Should have let me kill him" (y/n) said angrily as he shook his head.

"You don't know what you're talking about" Bucky replied sternly. "What are you doing here? You should be at the hospital, with Gwen"

"What good will that do?" (Y/n) replied as he shook his head. "Whether I'm there or not she's in a coma, here at least I can make sure the bad guys are the ones in comas" he motioned to the unmoving figure behind him.

"We're avengers, we can't just go deciding that" Torunn spoke up from behind the captain.

"He killed four cops!" (Y/n) waved over to the police cars. "What's the point in keeping these freaks alive just to have them kill more good people! That's why this City will never get any better, because nobody will ever do what needs to be done!"

Bucky stared at the boy for a moment before sighing. "I was hoping it wouldn't come to this but it's clear that this is necessary. Until Gwen is better you're not to do any hero work. If you do we'll have no choice but to take you into custody" the older man glanced at the criminal unconscious on the ground. He could tell that (Y/n) was angrier than ever and he was hoping he was doing the right thing. "I'm sorry"

Word count: 1041