Recovery

(For those of you who haven't already read it, I've uploaded a new story called "The Yellow Jacket". It takes place in the Raimi Spider-Man Universe and I think it's going well so far. Please go give it a try. There are already 5 chapters out and I have more ready to upload)

(Y/n) groaned as his eyes opened. He was laying in what seemed to be a hospital room. He was no longer in his hero outfit but instead in a hospital gown. He was covered with a blanket. "He's awake!" He looked up and saw Kate, Jenn, and America standing over him. He then looked to the side and noticed Gwen asleep in a chair next to the bed.

"Where are we" he muttered sleepily as he closed his eyes again.

"The Baxter building" Jennifer replied as she sat down on the side of the bed. "They said that the fall would have killed you if not for the fact that you're a vampire now"

"Lucky me then" the boy muttered as he tried and failed to sit up. "My back feels like it's gonna explode"

"It's broken" America said as she pushed him back down so that he wouldn't try to sit up.

"I'm sick of this superhero shtick" (y/n) groaned as he looked up at the ceiling. "And this vampire thing is getting annoying too. I want to go outside during the day again"

"We think we've come up with a way to help you with one of those problems" Reed Richards said as he walked into the room with a syringe. "I took some of your blood when you were last here and I've been looking it over. With every vampire the possible treatments are different. Luckily for you, your spider healing has been fighting off the virus so you aren't completely changed yet" Reed stuck the syringe in the boys arm and took it out a moment later. "I just inserted a compound made from the blood of wolverine and Doctor michael morbius. You should be back to your normal self within the next few days"

"Well that's just lazy writing" (y/n) said to himself with a huff.

"Just be thankful you prick" America glared at the boy.

(Y/n) stuck his tongue out at her. "Now everyone get out I'm tired" everyone left and the boy fell asleep.

A couple hours later

(Y/n) was woken up when he heard a yawn coming from his side. He turned and opened his eyes to see Gwen waking up in her seat. "Morning Gwennie" he said tiredly.

"Morning (y/n)" she yawned again before realizing what was happening. "You're awake!" She quickly hugged the boy.

"Ow! It still hurts!" He exclaimed causing the girl to let go of him. "My back's broken" he told her as he once again tried and failed to sit up.

"Sorry" Gwen muttered as she put her hand on the boys cheek. "I'm sorry about all this"

"It's not your fault. It's your dads. He pissed off those criminals" (y/n) replied as he leaned into her touch.

"Still. You wouldn't have been hurt if you weren't protecting me" Gwen got up and walked to look out the window.

"Well there's nothing to do about that now" (y/n) replied as he sighed. "What's happened happened"

"I suppose" Gwen sighed before turning back to the boy. "Do you mind if I stay with you? At least until you're out of here"

"Did you expect me to let you leave? Half the criminal underworld is probably after you" (y/n) replied with a smile. "You're not leaving my sight beautiful"

"I'm glad to hear it" Gwen walked back up to the boy and gently kissed his lips. "I-" Gwen considered what she was about to say. the two had been through a lot together, he had even almost gotten killed for her. "I love you" Gwen smiled as she ran her hand through the boys hair.

"I love you too" (y/n) replied with no hesitation. "Always will"

Word count: 684