The Challenge

"The sun! It burns!" (Y/n) shielded his face with a hiss.

"(Y/n) its nighttime" America said with an unamused face. "And that's just a lightbulb. It isn't even on"

"I know. I'm acting. I'm an actor now" (y/n) smiled proudly as he uncovered his face.

"Sure you are" America replied with a sigh before looking out the window of the apartment. "So what're we doing tonight?"

"Playing with the pet avengers?" (Y/n) asked hopefully.

"No. After what you did yesterday you don't deserve that" America glared at the boy.

(Y/n) sighed. "How about hanging with hit-monkey?"

"No animals for you" America glared at the boy.

"Steal Coulsons flying car?" (Y/n) suggested. He was starting to run out of ideas.

"No stealing" America said as she moved to sit down on the couch beside (y/n). "Especially not Lola. That's to nice a car for you to wreck"

"Play action figures?" The boy asked hopefully as he quickly held up toys of Tigra and Jaina solo.

"Wow. You really are a five year old in an older body aren't you?" America asked as she grabbed the Tigra figure and looked it over. "Very skimpy outfit. Please don't tell me that's the only reason you bought it"

"It's not! Promise" (y/n) said quickly. "She's part of my west coast avengers collection"

"Gotcha" America nodded before putting the toy down on the coffee table in front of the couch. "Any other ideas?"

"We form our own superhero team?" The boy suggested. America just looked at him like he was stupid. "What?" He asked cluelessly. "I'd make a good leader"

"But a bad superhero" the girl replied.

"Yeah but if the team were all women then-"

"Forget it" America cut the boy off. "How about we just watch a movie?"

"Now hang on. I don't think we've given the all female team enough thought"

"Fine. Go ahead. Build a team. See who's actually willing to join you. If you get more than one members then I'll join too" the girl smirked not thinking he'd get anyone to join him.

"Challenge accepted" (y/n) replied with a smirk. The boy quickly pulled out his phone and dialed a number. He put the phone on the coffee table and put it on speaker.

"Hello?" A tired voice answered from the other end of the phone.

"Were you sleeping?" (Y/n) asked curiously. "Isn't it like six there?"

"(Y/n)? You're back on earth?" The girls voice suddenly became more awake. America then recognized the voice only for her realization to be confirmed a moment later by (y/n).

"Correct Katie Bishop. And I have an important question for you" (y/n) knew she'd say yes. Kate was one of his best friends.

"What is it?" Kate asked curiously.

"Any chance you feel like joining a superhero team in putting together?" The boy asked politely. "I promise you'll get a decent amount of vacation days. And the health care includes dental... so long as you pay for that part yourself... also you need to pay the for rest of the healthcare yourself... I'm not providing healthcare... I don't know why I said I am"

"This feels like something I should say no to" Kate replied skeptically. "But sure. I got no reason to say no"

America cursed silently. She didn't expect him to actually be able to get anyone to join.

"Great. When can you be ready to come to NYC?" (Y/n) asked happily.

"I moved back while you were up in space" Kate replied.

"Ah cool. I'll send you an address to meet me at" (y/n) nodded. "Oh by the way im a vampire now. Bye!"

"Wait wha-" she was cut off by (y/n) hanging up the phone.

"One down. One to go" (y/n) smirked. He picked up his phone and looked through his contacts list.

"Don't get cocky" America said with a smirk.

"Trust me. This confidence is completely warranted" the boy clicked on the contact he was looking for and called before putting the phone on speaker again. Nobody picked up. "Damn" (y/n) stood up. "Alright chère, open up a portal, destination the apartment of Jennifer Walters.

America smirked. "She hulk? She's an avenger. Why would she join you?"

"Because" the boy replied simply. America shrugged before opening the portal.

The two walked out on the other side of the portal right in front of the apartment door. (Y/n) knocked loudly as the portal closed. "Jenny? You in there?"

"How do you know she hulk?" America asked curiously.

"She was my lawyer for a while" (y/n) replied before the door opened. (Y/n) looked up and smiled at the green skinned beauty.

 (Y/n) looked up and smiled at the green skinned beauty

"Hey shorty" the woman smiled back down at him. She then noticed America. "Hey"

"Hey" America replied with an awkward smile.

"I'm forming a superhero team" (y/n) said with a smile. "Wanna join?"

"You're a superhero?" Jen asked skeptically. "You're a juvenile delinquent"

"I have spider-powers and I'm a vampire now. It's either hero or villain" (y/n) shrugged. "You in?"

"Sure. I'm taking a break from the avengers anyways" she hulk shrugged. "What's our team name?"

"Uh... To be determined" (y/n) nodded.

"Who's it consist of?" Jennifer asked skeptically.

"You, me, America Chavez," he pointed at the girl next to him "and Katie Bishop"

"Sounds like a hell of a team" Jennifer smirked. "Also sounds like you just picked some of the hottest heroes you know"

"I will neither confirm nor deny this statement" (y/n) avoided eye contact. "Welcome to the team"

Word count: 943