Recovery Part 3

It had been a month since (y/n) broke his back. Thanks to his Spider powers today was the day he'd finally be allowed out of his wheelchair. His back would still be sensitive but it was no longer broken. "You ready (y/n)?" The boy was pulled out of his thoughts and he looked up at the man in front of him, Reed Richards. He nodded. "Just remember not to put to much pressure on your back and you'll be fine. Gwen if you would?" Reed moved behind (y/n) as Gwen moved in front of him.

Gwen put her hands out and (y/n) took them. She slowly helped (y/n) stand up as Reed took the wheelchair and stood ready to catch (y/n) if he fell. "Been a while since you've done this Huh?" Gwen asked as she smiled at the boy.

"You can say that again" (y/n) smiled at Gwen as he struggled to stay standing. "I'm gonna miss that chair. Felt like a transformer"

"Not the usual reaction to being stuck in a wheelchair for a month" Reed chuckled. (Y/n) put an arm around Gwen and she helped support him. "Do you two have a ride home? You shouldn't walk that far in your condition"

"Yeah I've got someone waiting outside" (y/n) replied with a nod.

Half an hour later the couple exited the Baxter building. "Took you long enough" Kate bishop stood leaning against Clint Barton's car.

"Good to see you too Katie-Kate" (y/n) hugged the girl quickly.

"Ooh, you're buggy today" Kate smirked before gently hugging back. "Happy to be able to use your feet again?"

"Nope. Just happy I get to see Lucky again" (y/n) broke the hug as he looked down through the car window at the dog. "Morning buddy" the dog barked happily.  Kate opened the back door and (y/n) got in next to lucky. Gwen sat in the front.

"Let's get you back home" Kate said as she got in the drivers seat.

A couple of minutes later Kate pulled the car up in front of Gwen's building. "Now get out before I get in trouble for double parking"

"Well it's been nice seeing you too" (y/n) rolled his eyes as he and Gwen exited the car.

"Nice seeing you" Gwen smiled at Kate who smiled back before driving away. Gwen quickly turned to (y/n). "Let's get you upstairs"

"Alright" (y/n) nodded as he took Gwen's hand as they started walking. "You know, I think all this has mentally scarred me. I need an emotional support animal"

"We are not getting a pet" Gwen shook her head. "And your not mentally scarred. Don't joke about that"

"I want a kitty" (y/n) took his hand out of Gwen's and crossed his arms and stopped walking. "Please?"

"No" Gwen shook her head before starting again to walk towards the elevator.

(Y/n) followed after her. "Why not?"

"Because I'll end up being the one who does everything for it" she huffed as she got in the elevator.

(Y/n) also got in. "Need I remind you that I took a bullet for you? You owe me one" the boy smirked.

Gwen glared at the boy. "Fine. You can get a cat. If-" (y/n) Groaned as she said the word if. Gwen ignored him and continued. "If you get your own place. My mom is allergic to cats"

"Will you live with me?" (Y/n) asked as he pressed the button to get the elevator to Gwen's floor.

"I-" Gwen started but wasn't sure what to say. "I don't know. I've never really been away from my parents for more than a few days"

"Well it was bound to happen eventually right?" (Y/n) asked as he took her hand. She looked down unsure. "You graduate high school in a couple weeks. We could get an apartment near your college"

"That actually sounds really nice" Gwen smiled back. "Alright. Deal"

"Great" (y/n) smiled. "But- uh- where are you going to college again? I kinda forgot. I know it's in the city but the only city school I know is Yeshiva University"

Gwen glared at the boy. "Columbia university"

"That's an Ivy League school right?" (Y/n) asked.

"Yes" Gwen replied angrily. "Which is why I've been making a big deal about it the past few weeks!" The elevator door opened and Gwen stormed out.

"Great" (y/n) sighed. "She's gonna be pissed all day now" he exited the elevator and followed Gwen into her apartment. Gwen walked to her room and slammed the door after her. "I ain't following her" Gwen's parents were out working so (y/n) and Gwen had the apartment to themselves.

(Y/n) walked over to the kitchen table and sat down. He had left his computer there that morning so he opened it and opened an internet browser. "Hey Gwen?!" He called out only to be met with silence. "I know you're pissed but I'm looking at places, do you want a house or an apartment?!"

"I don't really care! It's not like we'll be living there forever anyway!" Gwen yelled back from her room.

"House it is then" (y/n) said to himself. "Might as well make this as pleasant as possible" the boy started looking at houses.

A minute later (y/n) called out to Gwen again. "If you want any input on which of these houses we're gonna get then come out here!" A moment later Gwen exited her room and sat silently next to (y/n).

Word count: 940