The Night [REDACTED] Died

(Y/n) woke up quickly after feeling a shift in the bed. He looked around before seeing Riri getting out of the bed and pulling on a shirt. "What're you doing up? It's still dark out"

"Somethings happening at some prison. Someone broke in and kidnapped a criminal. I'm heading out to find out more" Riri replied with a shrug.

"Why you?"

"Because they felt like waking me up instead of some other hero" she groaned before walking out of the room.

(Y/n) quickly fell asleep again.

The morning

(Y/n) yawned as he woke up. He looked to his side only to see that Riri was still gone.

After getting dressed the boy yawned as he walked out of the room and over to the kitchen. "You seen Riri yet?" He asked as he walked past Kamala who was sitting down.

"Nope, I thought she was still asleep"

"Nah, she had to leave last night to do some hero shit" (y/n) replied with a shrug before walking out of the kitchen and towards the stairs to the roof.

Once he was on the roof (y/n) sat down and pulled out his phone. He remembered what Riri had said the night before and looked up the break in. He clicked on a video and watched. "Early this morning a criminal known as the taskmaster kidnapped the thief known as the black cat from her cell in-" (y/n) closed the video and immediately called Riri. He had heard about taskmaster, he was a mercenary. He didn't know why he'd kidnapped his mother but (y/n) wasn't happy about it.

Riri didn't answer her phone.

(Y/n) got up before heading inside and suiting up. Once he was in his suit he swung away.

Soon enough the boy was in the city. He went from alleyway to alleyway beating up criminals until finally one of them gave him information on where task master might be.

"Alright I give up! He's staying in a hotel a few miles from here! Real fancy place, owned by Fisk. Top floor" (y/n) then hit the man, successfully knocking him out.

(Y/n) swung over to the hotel and entered through an open window in the top floor. "Why would he leave a door open?" He asked himself as he explored the hotel room.

After a few minutes the boy decided to check the bedroom. Sitting on the bed was a computer. (Y/n) opened the computer only to find a video already loaded up on it. He clicked the play button.

"Alright spider-man" so this was meant for Pete. (Y/n) was definitely going to kill him if something happened to his mom. "Someone wants you to suffer. Naturally I took the job. I decided what better way to make you suffer than kill one of the woman you once loved. She's not dead yet, but she will be unless you meet me at the Brooklyn bridge at 8:00 Pm" the video cut out and the computer shut off.

8:00 PM

(Y/n) stood on top of the Brooklyn bridge. taskmaster hadn't show up yet. He sighed as he kept waiting.

"I was expecting the real spider" (y/n) turned around only to come face to face with taskmaster.

"Where's the cat?" (Y/n) growled as he glared at the skull that the man wore as a mask

"During my escape when I broke her out of prison we were attacked by that new iron girl"

"Ironheart?"

"Exactly" taskmaster replied. "Obviously since I'm here now she wasn't much of a threat. The cat is tied to that tower over there. Ironheart is tied to the one we're standing on now" taskmaster pointed to the farther away tower when talking about Felicia. "I was going to make the spider choose between them, force him only to save one. But I guess you'll do"

"Don't... please. I'll help you kill Spider-Man, I'll help kill everyone he loves first. Just don't kill them..." (y/n) looked down as he offered this. "Believe me, I hate him probably as much as you do"

"You're really nothing like him are you?" Taskmaster asked as he looked at the boy. "Interesting"

"I wouldn't even be a hero if he didn't capture me and force me to choose between this and prison. I'm a thief"

"she's your mother?" Taskmaster asked as he pointed to the tower that Felicia was tied to. He was starting to put everything together. (Y/n) just nodded. "And the Spider is your father?" (Y/n) nodded again. "Then I suppose this is as good a way as any to get at the spider" taskmaster said as he hit a button on his belt. "You have time to save one. Don't fuck it up"

(Y/n) stood there for a moment shocked. He had expected taskmaster to take him up on his offer. Which should be save? The woman who raised him or the girl he was in a relationship with? (Y/n) jumped off of the tower... he had made his decision.

(Y/n) watched as Riri fell. He wasn't going to make it in time to catch her so he aimed his hand at the tower and made a web to hold him. He aimed his other hand at the girl and shot a web at her. The web wrapped itself around the girls leg. Her head moved violently as her fall stopped. "Spider-powers I love you" (y/n) said to himself with a smirk as he pulled the girl back up to him. Her eyes were closed and she seemed to be unconscious. "Hey kid you alright?" He asked as he looked down at the girl in his arms. "Riri?!"

That's when it hit him. The violent way Riris head had moved when he caught her... the whiplash from the web had snapped her neck. "No... don't be dead Riri... I don't want you to be dead!" His eyes started to tear up. "I saved you, don't you see? I saved you..." he cried as he held the girl in his arms. He didn't have to look down at the bridge to know that his mother was dead too.

(Y/n) kept crying for a while before looking up at the top of the tower he was on. Taskmaster stood there looking down at him. "I'm going to get you taskmaster! I'm going to destroy you slowly. And when you start begging for me to end it, I'm going to remind you of one thing! YOU'RE THE CREEP WHO'S GOING TO PAY! YOU KILLED MY MOTHER AND THE WOMAN I LOVE. AND FOR THAT YOU'RE GOING TO DIE!"

Word count: 1150

(Bet y'all didn't expect a sad chapter like this from me... I know I didn't)

The Night Riri Williams Died

The Night Felicia Hardy Died