Old Wounds

"How are they coming?" Gwen asked as she sat down on the table that her boyfriend was working at. She watched as the boy stitched together the pieces of fabric laid across the table.

"So far so good" (y/n) replied with a nod. "I'm starting with yours since it's easier to make than mine" with comic con quickly approaching the boy had been hard at work on their costumes. "I don't know how the hell I'll do mine"

"You'll figure it out" Gwen smiled as she pat the boys shoulder. "Worst comes to worst you can ask one of your avengers friends for help. They make costumes all the time"

"Wait why the fuck am I sowing this by hand when I could just have one of Starks machines do this?" (Y/n) asked as he stood up quickly.

"Because it's more satisfying to do it yourself" Gwen replied as she pat the boys back. (Y/n) sighed before sitting back down and getting back to work.

"Stop it with the good points" (y/n) sighed as he got back to sowing. "I don't date you for good points. I date you for blind trust and an unwavering obsession over me"

"I'm not obsessed with you" Gwen replied as she crossed her arms.

"How could you not be" (y/n) replied as he motioned to his face. "Look at me"

"How do you fit so much arrogance into such a small body?" Gwen asked with a smirk causing the boy to frown and look at her.

"I'm not small" (y/n) crossed his arms. "I'm a good height"

"Sure you are" Gwen replied with a smirk. She didn't think the boy was short, but she also wanted to tease him. "Seems to me like you're trying to compensate for something with that arrogant attitude of yours"

"Oh really?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms. "And what pray tell am I compensating for?"

Gwen smirked and put a hand on her hip as she leaned against the wall. "Do I really have to spell it out for you?"

(Y/n)s face turned to a smirk. Gwen had not expected that. "Are you really that childish? That's the best way to tease me that you could come up with? What are you five?"

Gwen pouted seeing that she wouldn't get the reaction she wanted out of the boy. "You're no fun" she sighed before looking down at the costumes the boy was sowing. "When did you learn to sow?"

"My mom fought super people on a daily basis. A lot of the time her suit got ripped up. She decided that while she was fixing it she may as well teach me something" (y/n) replied with a small smile.

Gwen smiled. (Y/n) didn't talk about his mother much but it was clear he had loved her. "She sounds like a great mom"

"She was the best mom" (y/n) replied with a larger smile. "You two would have loved each other" the boy looked down at the table and sighed.

"I'm sure we would have" Gwen nodded as she put her hand on the boys own. "And I'm sure she'd be proud of the person you've become"

"Thanks" (y/n) smiled as he looked back up at Gwen. The boy put down the sowing needle and stood up. "You feel like getting something to eat?"

"Sure" Gwen replied as she let go of the boys hand and smiled. "What're you in the mood for?"

"Something simple. Something yummy" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "Burgers?"

"Burgers work for me" Gwen nodded. (Y/n) smiled and took the girls hand in his own before walking with her towards the front door.

Word count: 687

(sorry for the short chapter. I wanted to write something between these two that was fun but also meaningful. But it's also late and I'm having trouble writing right now. I figured rather short than stretched out so much that it's no longer good.

Also... 48 chapters in! The book still good? I'd hope so but comment what you think)