Lord Of The Hidden Jungle Part 2

A roar rang out throughout the savage land. (Y/n) suddenly sprung awake at the sound of the noise. It had been a couple days since he'd woken up and he still wasn't used to it. The boy turned his head to look at Gwen who still lay in her bed passed out. Gwen's condition had finally started to improve, she was now able to stand without falling over for a short period of time and some of her smaller cuts had started to heal. Hestia lay on Gwen's chest fast asleep.

(Y/n) stood up and walked over to a small hole in the wall. He tried to see what it was that had made the roar but he couldn't spot anything. "It was a tyrannosaurus" (y/n) turned around to see Shanna standing in the doorway. "They're rare in this area but every once in a while we'll see one. Ka-zar is out making sure it doesn't hurt anybody"

(y/n) smiled before sitting back down beside Gwen. "Anything you need help with?"

"Not now" Shanna replied with a shake of her head. "Ka-zar may need help later. There have been weird occurrences recently"

(Y/n) nodded. "Alright. I'll ask him once he's back" Shanna nodded before leaving.

A few minutes later Gwen began to stir. "(Y/n)?" She asked causing the boy to turn to her. He placed his hand in hers and squeezed it. "Mind helping me up?"

"Sure thing" (y/n) nodded. Gwen wrapped her arms around their kitten before (y/n) helped her to her feet. "Let's get you to the kitchen. You slept through all the meals yesterday"

"That would explain why I'm so hungry" Gwen nodded as (y/n) helped walk her towards the kitchen.

An hour later

After Gwen finished eating she sat in the main room playing with Hestia. (Y/n) stood by the doorway talking with Shanna until Ka-zar burst in. "What's wrong?" Shanna asked immediately.

"The man-apes" Ka-zar replied bitterly. "Something is afflicting them. Causing them to go mad"

"What are man-apes?" (Y/n) asked confusedly.

"You would call them Neanderthals" Shanna explained. "Primitive creatures, our ancient ancestors"

"So how will you help them?" (Y/n) asked skeptically.

"I am heading to their village. Hopefully they can point us in the direction of whatever is causing their madness" Ka-zar replied. "I was hoping you would join me"

(Y/n) thought it over before glancing over at Gwen who was listening from the other room silently. She noticed him looking at her and nodded. "I will make sure your mate is fine" Shanna assured (y/n) as she put a hand on his shoulder.

(Y/n) sighed. "Alright. I'll join you" the boy nodded. Ka-zar smiled "then let's go"

Half an hour later the pair arrived at the Neanderthal village. The people seemed to recognize Ka-zar but were very noticeably alarmed at the newcomer. "This should be fun" (y/n) muttered.

Elsewhere

Torunn Thorsdóttir flew above the skyscrapers of New York City. Nobody had heard from (y/n) in days. At first Torunn had figured the boy was just hungover from a night out drinking but it had been to long. His home was empty and not even his girlfriend of cat were anywhere to he found. "Told you we should have put a tracker in him" the voice of Tony Stark said through her earpiece.

"He's a human being, not a dog Tony" Bucky Barnes replied sharply. "He has to be somewhere. Anyone having any luck?"

"Nay" Torunn replied quickly.

"Can't that blind friend of your dads help? He knows his stuff" Tony asked curiously.

Torunn grimaced. "Heimdal no longer sees all. Even if he did some magic is stopping travel between here and Asgard. My father is presumably working on it"

"So we're on our own" Bucky reiterated calmly. "Well first things first, we need to expand our search. They don't seem to be in New York. Head back to base and we'll discuss it"

The savage land

"This is BS" (y/n) said as he sneezed. He and ka-zar were traversing the jungle on their way to a nearby mountain.

"You alright?" Ka-zar asked as he noticed the boy sneeze again.

"Just peachy" (y/n) replied angrily. "I'm just allergic"

"Allergic to what?" Ka-zar asked curiously.

(Y/n) sneezed again. "Pollen, trees, grass, basically everything outside" he motioned to their surroundings.

"You're allergic to grass?" Ka-zar stifled a laugh as he stopped walking. "Seriously?"

"Seriously" (y/n) bent down and plucked some grass out of the ground. He let go of it and dropped it to the ground. Where the grass had touched the boys skin was now a bright red rash.

"The Spider-Man is weak to grass" Ka-zar laughed as the boy started itching the rash. "Will you be alright?"

"So long as I don't eat the grass" the boy shrugged. "Now let's get back to walking. I'm still not convinced this creature we're after exists"

"Believe me, Sauron is very real" Ka-zar grimaced. "He's always coming up with new schemes. His real name is Dr. Karl Lykos, he was bitten by a mutant Pterodactyl"

"Being bitten by strange animals seems to be a common theme with super-people" (y/n) sighed as he kept itching his rash. "Any powers? Besides being a humanoid pterodactyl"

"Breaths fire, hypnotic eyes, strength, and he can absorb life forces or mutant powers" Ka-zar nodded.

"Fun" (y/n) nodded before smiling. "Maybe he'll do me a favor and burn down all the green stuff"

"I wouldn't doubt it" Ka-zar shook his head. "He's tried that before"

"Ah alright. I'm just gonna stop joking around now" the boy said before sneezing again.

"I wouldn't doubt that Sauron may be part of the reason for your arrival in the savage land" Ka-zar suggested as he cut a vine in their path.

"Then let's go beat him up and find a way to get me and Gwen back home!"

Word count: 1019