Coming To America

(Happy Chanukah my Jews and gentiles! Have this chapter as a present from me to you)

(Y/n) hissed as he woke up and closed his eyes when he noticed how bright the ship was. "Someone turn down the lights!" He groaned as he sat up on the couch.

"They're on their normal setting" Gamora replied as she turned them down. "How're you feeling? We've been trying to figure out what Dracula did to you" she sat down beside the boy.

"I feel like shit" the boy replied with a sigh as he looked over at her. "How's everyone else?"

"Bill and the surfer left once Dracula was defeated. Everyone else is just waiting to see how you are" Gamora said as she put her hand on the boys knee. "Let's get you something to drink. You don't look so good"

"Alright" (y/n) nodded as Gamora helped him stand up. She helped him over to the refrigerator and handed him a juice box.

(Y/n) put the straw in before starting to drink. "Yummy" he said as drank.

"I'm glad you like it" Gamora smiled at him before sitting him down on the counter. The ship shook and (y/n) looked at Gamora waiting for an explanation as to why. "We landed. We're taking you to get examined by a doctor"

(Y/n) and Gamora exited the ship. "We're back on earth?" (Y/n) asked confusedly. It was currently night time and from the looks of it they were in... New Jersey?

"Yeah" Gamora replied with a sigh. "Look... you're staying here"

"Excuse-moi?" (Y/n) asked sounding a bit angry.

"Space is dangerous. We lost the last human we had on the crew. We're not losing another" Gamora crossed her arms.

"I can handle it!" (Y/n) replied. "I'll be fine. Cosmo and Nikki will agree with me"

"They both agreed with me... reluctantly" Gamora replied as she looked away. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be"

"Fine" (y/n) replied with a snarl. He turned away and started walking.

"(Y/n) wait!" Gamora called out as she watched the boy walk away. Soon enough he was out of her sight, it was almost like he'd been enveloped by shadows. "Something's wrong with him"

A few minutes later (y/n) sat down on a park bench. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and dialed a number.

"Hey" he spoke into the phone as the person on the other side picked up.

"(Y/n)?" The woman sounded exhausted. "It's been months and nobody's in school has heard from you!"

"Yeah... I promise I'll explain later. Could you come pick me up? I'm in Jersey." The boy looked around for some indication of where exactly he was. He then spotted a sign. "More specifically in Jersey City"

"Alright" the girl yawned. "I'll be there in a couple of minutes"

"You're that close?" (Y/n) asked surprisedly.

"Not exactly" the girl replied with a yawn before hanging up.

A few minutes later a star shaped portal opened right before (y/n). He quickly stood up before noticing the girl walking out. "Seriously?! Is there anybody that I know who doesn't have any powers?!"

(Since she hasn't appeared in 20 chapters here's a pic of America for those who forgot about her)

"Not the reaction I was expecting but I'll take it" America replied with a laugh. "Where you been Niño?"

"Joined a team, Lost people closest to me, Killed a guy, Almost killed a spider, Went to LA to hang with a chick, went to space" the boy did his best to say all this quickly. He hoped she wouldn't pry to much into it all.

"Well I'm glad you're back" America hit his shoulder with a smile.

"Me too" (y/n) replied before walking through the portal. "Mind if I stay with you? I don't want some people finding me"

"Sure" America replied as she walked through the portal as well. It disappeared once they were both through. They were in the living room of America's apartment. "Guest room is down the hall"

"Thanks babe" (y/n) said before walking off down the hall.

"Don't call me that" America called back sounding annoyed.

The Morning

(Y/n) groaned as he opened his eyes. He was incredibly thirsty. The window was mostly covered by the shades but a tiny sliver of sun was peaking through, it felt like it was burning him, even through the blankets which were currently covering his entire body. His teeth felt strange. His tongue moved until it felt what seemed to be fangs. "God damn it" he was pretty sure he knew what was happening to him but didn't want to admit it.

"Good, you're awake" The boy turned to the door and saw America standing there. He quickly got out of bed and did his best to stay out of the sun. America quickly looked up towards his face with a blush. "Get dressed"

"You're no fun" (y/n) replied with a smirk.

"Woah" America smiled as the boy got dressed. "Are those fangs?"

"So I'm not going insane" (y/n) sighed as he pulled a shirt on.

"What happened to you?" America asked as she walked up to the boy.

"Might've been bitten by Dracula last night" (y/n) was trying his best to hide how scared he really was.

"You're joking" America said as she raised her hand to the boys face. She left her hand on his cheek. "Right?"

"I wish I was" the boy laughed nervously. "I'm thirsty. Have anything to drink?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'll get you some water" America nodded before quickly leaving the room.

(Y/n) sighed before readjusting the window shades so the window was completely covered.

America walked back in with a cup of water a moment later. "Here you go" (y/n) quickly drank the water.

"Well... that didn't help at all" the boy sighed. He could feel his thirst growing. "This is going to drive me crazy"

"Well you are a vampire now. Maybe..." America didn't finish the thought. They both knew what she was thinking. "No"

"No?" (Y/n) asked.

"No. I'm not letting you drink peoples blood" America specified before slapping the boys face. "Never"

"Do you have any alternatives then?" (Y/n) asked as he rubbed the spot where she hit him.

America looked down. "No" she sighed. "But I think I know some people who might"

Word count: 1080