Chapter 257

from the northern desert back to the day of subei, jiang huaiqing has a kind of anxiety in his heart that cannot be said.

he didn't know where this emotion came from, nor did he know why, and if he didn't understand it, he just thought he was homesickness.

there were very few people who knew his actions, and only he chengyu, who had been helping him cover up, knew about his return this time.

it was already late at night, and in order not to attract the attention of others, there was no major movement in the he mansion, and jiang huaiqing and the hidden dragon guard who escorted him entered the he mansion in the dark.

"brother chengyu?" entering his own courtyard, jiang huaiqing saw an unexpected person.

i'm sorry, i can't hold a reception banquet for you, huaiqing has worked this road. he chengyu took two steps forward, as if he wanted to get closer to jiang huaiqing, but he didn't know why he stopped halfway.

"there is no need to be so troublesome," jiang huaiqing stood where he was, "during this time, lord laohe has bothered." "why is

huaiqing so angry with me?" he chengyu's fingers that fell in his sleeve curled up.

jiang huaiqing did not know what to say, he had not seen him in the past year, whether it was he chengyu or him, there had been no small change, the man standing in front of him had more momentum of not being angry and arrogant, even in the northern desert, he had heard a lot of news about he chengyu.

after subei came to power, he chengyu rectified the official government, reformed the old system, and returned subei to the right way in the shortest possible time, and under his leadership, subei had begun to flourish.

when he had not yet arrived at hefu, jiang huaiqing had observed the life of the people of northern subei, which was completely different from when they first arrived, and now, the people of northern subei lived and worked in peace and contentment, did not have to worry about foreign enemies invading, and could live their own small lives, everyone had a happy smile on their faces, and every place reflected vitality.

it was the man standing in front of him who brought such a change to subei.

jiang huaiqing always knew that he chengyu was very good, but he could do this in a short period of time, which he did not expect at all, and he did not know that he chengyu could achieve such a point, and half of the reason was on him.

the two looked at each other, as if something had changed, and nothing seemed to have changed.

he chengyu painstakingly suppressed the feelings in his heart, and finally lost under jiang huaiqing's gaze, he took three steps and made two steps to go forward, without giving jiang huaiqing a chance to react, and directly took people into his arms.

just let him be selfish this time.

he chengyu thought.

"huaiqing, it would be good if you could return safely."

a hug eliminated the estrangement between the two because of their separation, jiang huaiqing's eyes were hot, and he reached backstairs: "i'm back."

"i miss you so much, huaiqing."

he chengyu's voice was lower than usual, and jiang huaiqing wanted to see his expression, but he was held in the arms of the man, unable to move, and had to give up.

"i miss you too." after being hugged for a while, jiang huaiqing whispered. <

he chengyu was the first person he met who was so compatible, they were like-minded, knowledgeable, and very pleasant to talk with, if it were not so, jiang huaiqing would not have walked with he chengyu just because of the lifting of the siege.