Chapter 107: SCP-2399

Start from the beginning

With all that's said and done, the man walked back to his home and slept. He wanted to see what his friend had to see about what he saw in the gas giant's red spot.

It was already the next day, and the man walked towards Peter's house, wanting to tell him about his discovery last night.

Giovanni knocked on his friend's door, waiting for him to open it. He waited for a few seconds, until the door opened, revealing Peter.

"Oh, Giovanni..." he greeted. "What brought you here?"

"Peter, may I enter?" the man asked. "I have something rather peculiar to discuss with you."

"Oh, okay..." Peter agreed, realising the urgency of the situation. "Come in, we will speak about the matter."

With that, Giovanni walked inside his friend's house. Giovanni sat down at the dining room table, for them to discuss what the man saw last night.

"So, what did you wish to discuss about?" Peter asked, pouring him a glass of water.

"Peter, I saw the most peculiar sight last night."

"And what would that be?"

"A few bright lights were emerging from the red spot of Jupiter..." Giovanni explained. "I thought that perhaps my mind was fooling me somehow, but all of those lights were real."

"That is indeed very peculiar..." Peter sat down across from him. "I have never heard such a thing like that happen in prior studies before."

"Our times may be changing..." the man drank his glass of water. "In fact, this may be revolutionary in the field of astronomy."

"So... what do you suggest these bright lights may be?"

"It may be a powerful reaction of some kind..." Giovanni answered. "I said once before that a falling star disappeared into Jupiter, which we do not know much about just yet..."

"Are you sure our heavenly neighbour is alright?"

"It seemed like a cataclysmic event... but I will continue to observe it. I hope that it does not prove to be of any danger..."

-----

Centuries Later

The Foundation took notice of the SCP, and had implemented the BARRIER array, in order to monitor the SCP and to hinder its repair and transmissions.

Among this array, Unit 53 had noticed something of interest, causing one of the monitors to inform the commander.

"Sir, we got something here..." one of the monitors informed the commander. "You might wanna take a look at this..."

"What do you have?" the commander asked.

"We got a drone here picking something up..." the monitor responded. "Might be something that'll fix the SCP somehow."

"Alright..." the commander understood, then looked over to a small group of people. "Strike team, prepare to engage."

"Yes, sir." one of the personnel responded. "Concussion batteries will be ready in a few."

"Double time it, the target's gonna get away."

"Yes, sir."

With that, the personnel went on to prepare the concussion batteries to use against the target. It took only a few minutes for the armaments to get ready to be launched at the designated target.