Chapter 54 - A Broken Heart Is What Changes People

Start bij het begin

"Batman I refuse to work with her, I'm with Robin either she leaves or I do." Meg shouted, "Mrs. M. no," Beastboy said, Lilith could only stare at Conner as she tried to hold back tears. Her heartbreaking, as the roots began to shift again.

"Stop it," Lilith muttered under her breath, as everyone kept arguing. "She's out of control look at the cave!" Someone shouted at this point Lilith wasn't even sure who was talking, only Batman's voice made it through her head. "She will be trained," Batman said, "Until then we just keep taking her on missions expect her to no lose control?" Someone argued.

"Shut up, all of you." Lilith muttered, "She'll be in training I have a facility set up for her she'll stay there until she learns." Batman said, "Facility?" Lilith muttered sitting up slightly, "You're going to lock me up?" Lilith muttered again, turning to them not hearing any of their words.

"Not good enough!" Meg's shrill voice cut through Lilith's fog. "I refuse to work with her!"

"Fine don't!" Lilith snapped, standing her back to them still as she stared at Conner. Her anger overshadowed her sadness, "Lilith now-," Batman started to say, but without his notice, everyone was suddenly entangled. Plants were stronger than anything they had ever seen. Lilith's dry anger was feeding them making them insanely strong.

Lilith paused and looked at all their surprised and angry expressions.

"Sorry," Lilith muttered just as the golden crown came rolling through the roots to lay at her feet. It had been in Kid Flashes room, the request Edwin had made only had crossed her mind for a moment but the plants had brought it to her anyways. Just as the heroes started to try and escape Lilith made her way towards the door. glancing back only once when she heard Conner starting to wake.

"L-Lilith?"

"I'm so sorry Wonderboy," Lilith whispered, before running off into the woods throwing her phone in the bush as she ran past it. blocking the exit to the cave with as many trees and plants as she could.

The plants aided her helping her swing from branch to branch like she had seen Robin do so many times. It took her mear minutes to get home and she found her bags already being carried to her as she entered the house.

'Tell Lance I need him, now.' Lilith whispered to them through her mind and this time she didn't have to wonder if it had reached her target. She could almost swear she saw him for a second sitting on his front porch holding a rose. His eyes flickering up for a second.

Lilith stood in the rubble that had once been her home as the plants laid her bags at her feet. She paused as they also brought her the trunk of her mother's old clothing, and on a leaf that reached out to her was the shattered rose that had once stood on the mantle in the living room.

"Lilith?" Lance said softly as he stepped through the portal. "I need help," Lilith said softly, Lance knelt next to her. "What happened?" He asked as he placed his hand on her arm. Lilith held out the crown to him, "Can I stay with you and the others for a while?" Lilith asked softly, feeling Conner starting to break out of the cave. Before he even nodded the plants were putting her stuff in the void, without her knowledge.

"Yeah, of course. I'm sure Mama Fay won't mind, but what happened?" Lance asked softly, helping her up. "Please just, don't let anyone find me. Not even Conner," Lilith said tears swelling in her eyes. "Lilith," Lance said so softly that Lilith couldn't help but start crying. "Oh Lilith, I promise you'll be safe with me and Mama Fay." Lance promised, leading her into the portal.

***

"Lilith!?" Conner shouted as he came charging through the forest, but he was too late. The portal had closed long before he had made it to her cottage. "Lilith!!??" Conner shouted as he ran through the rubble that was once Lilith home. He saw that her bags were gone, but what made him pause was the broken glass rose that still sat on the leaf. Conner gingerly picked up the pieces in his hand.

"Sh*t," Conner muttered, sitting on the ground next to the leaf. Every spot where Lilith had stepped was growing flowers. He looked around to see the flowers stop mid-stride. "What happened?" Conner muttered his hand brushing across the flowers. None of the others had followed him and with the sun almost set he didn't expect any of them to. They were all too busy fixing the damage in the cave.

Conner laid back on the floor that was basically covered in a layer of freshly grown grass. Conner knew it meant Lilith was upset, "She always grows things when she's upset," Conner breathed as he lay looking up at the sky. His mind wandered, "Where did you go?" He asked no one in particular. With the hand that wasn't holding the glass, he reached up and touched his lips.

"I'm sorry," he breathed closing his eyes and instead put his arm over his eyes as his face turned a soft red. "I didn't even know, I'm sorry."