V7.5: Chapter 5 - Christmas Birthday

Akabane Karma POV

I woke up to one of the most awful sounds in the history of mankind.

The alarm.

Once again I forgot to turn it off before going to sleep so, once again I awoke super early on a holiday day. I had nothing to do today, really. All preparations for the mixed training camp had been made.

I had a new ally even if that cost some concessions I wasn't very happy to make, but it should pay off.

Neither Nagumo nor Kiriyama had reached out to me because of the contractual inconsistencies regarding the renovation in the student council room. Or maybe they hadn't realised the inconsistencies were there... I doubted that scenario, though. They were dumb, but not that dumb. An overvaluation of four hundred private points wasn't something that should pass under the spotlight.

On another note, my injuries from the fight against Mikoto were a lot better. I had already retired the sling, since the pain had settled, although I had to be careful when moving my arm. My injuries in the head weren't that big of a problem since I could cover them with my hair. Except for my nose, which Mikoto broke, I still had the bandage.

I stood up and did some of the exercises the nurse told me to do to reduce stiffness and relieve pain. Once I was done with that, I made myself some breakfast, which meant that I put the cereal and the milk on the bowl. Looking at my stores, I realised I would have to go to the supermarket soon.

"How annoying," I mumbled to myself.

Why couldn't food just appear on the pantry? That way, I could use that time I wouldn't be annoying myself to annoy other people.

Speaking of food, I probably should try and learn some cooking like Kiyo...

Nevermind.

I returned to my living room and turned on the TV on the news channel to see what was happening around the globe.

All in all, everything was great. Sure, I failed to get Shiina to transfer to Class B, or to get any money out of Class C, but Ryuuen did step down. Now, all I had to do was wait and see how long Hiroya could resist. I doubted he would last long against Mikoto, but I only needed a little discord between the Class C boys. What happened on the girls' side would solely depend on Shinobu and Ichinose.

The pieces should be in place by now, even Kiyotaka's. I could not let what happened on the cruise exam happen again.

Having a majority in each group was an imperative, so, I had to wonder how the negotiations with Kiyotaka would go. Naturally, this all meant that our alliance with Class D would fall apart at some point before, after or during the exam.

It was my fault obviously, but to everyone's eyes, Class D would appear like the ones at fault.

The state of our year made it so that our alliance breaking would mean little. They would be Class C next month, so it made sense for both our classes to stop working together. I would like to take advantage of it, however, to antagonise them at least a bit and brew some animosity in my class towards them. That would not work, though. Considering how my classmates were, and how much they liked me, antagonising Class D wasn't something I could do.

At least, they hated Class C because of the defamation thing.

When I was done eating, I returned to the kitchen and washed the dishes. Finishing, I was going to go back to the living room and start working on...

Start working on...

I stopped in my tracks.

Placing my hands on my hips, I glanced at the ceiling and bit my tongue.