V7.5: Chapter 7 - Meeting in the Snow

Sakayanagi Arisu POV

It was the twenty-ninth of December.

I left my room an hour after lunch and met Masumi-san in the entrance of the dorms. After exchanging greetings, we began making our way towards Keyaki Mall, where we would be hanging around with some of our classmates in the bowling to have fun.

Also, the date for my meeting with that senpai had finally come. Nao-san had been kind enough to prepare everything, so, it should go smoothly, even if we were going to be in a public space where everyone could see us.

When we arrived at the entrance of the bowling, the others were already there. Nao-san, Hashimoto-san, Kitou-san, and Nishikawa-san were talking lively, making jokes and whatnot. Once the greetings and usual formalities were over, we headed inside to get our lane and start playing. For obvious reasons, I wouldn't be able to play, however, nothing stopped me from going out with my friends every now and then.

"Yoho! Makoto-kun!" Nao-san greeted the clerk. "How was your morning?"

Makoto-kun sighed exhaustingly.

"Gruelling and awful, Tomori."

"Ow... Well, I'm sorry to hear that. The good news is that your day only got better," Nao-san declared excitedly, probably referring to her own presence.

"More like it's getting more appalling by the second," the clerk groaned. "Five players, lane 12 and four players lane 11," Makoto-kun saw something on his computer, then, stood up from his seat and turned in our direction. "Your shoe sizes?"

The others gave them the information required and recovered their shoes to be able to play. Once they put them on, we thank Makoto-kun and headed towards our lane, except for Hashimoto-san who went to buy me some refreshments to eat and drink while they played.

We had been assigned the last lane that was right next to the wall, the one right to our left had been reserved to our neighbours. The bowling was crowded and music, laughter and the sound of pins falling.

It was fair to say that a simple and quite conversation would go unnoticed among all the turmoil.

I sat on the table facing our lane as Nao-san and the others began their game. Hashimoto-san arrived carrying an exaggerated number of refreshments of all kinds; he could not carry it all and so, he was being accompanied by a waitress. They placed everything on the table.

"I'm sorry Princess, I didn't know what you'd prefer, so, I bought a little bit of everything."

"Why, thank you, Hashimoto-san, but a simple soda would have been sufficient."

He apologised once again and left to play as well.

For several minutes, I patiently watched their game, Kitou-san and Nao-san were clearly winning whereas Masumi-san was quite bad, dragging behind with the worst results.

Half an hour hadn't passed when our neighbours of lane 11 arrived.

Four upperclassmen in total, three of them began to organise themselves to start playing in the lane to our left, an auburn haired senpai wearing black stockings; a skirt, a white t-shirt under a red-squared shirt and a black jacket come in my direction and sat in the table at my left, in the seat closest to me.

She opened the soda she had on her hand and spoke after taking a quick sip.

"You're lucky I like Nao-chan," she said acerbic. "I wouldn't have accepted to come otherwise."