V8: Chapter 8 - The Girls' Battle

Ichinose Honami POV

By the time day three rolled around, it seemed like a lot of stuff had happened with the boys. But as a girl, I couldn't know the details.

Let's rewind to the day that the special exam started and tell the story from there.

"Now that we've formed our groups, let's do our best to get along, everyone!"

That's what I said to all the members of my group before bedtime. Despite the many twists and turns, ups and downs, and ongoing drama, at least I now knew the allies who'd be facing this exam by my side.

"Let's do our best, Ichinose-san."

"Looking forward to working with you, Matsushita-san. I've wanted to get to know you for a while."

"Is that so? That's an honour."

Matsushita-san and I had barely had the opportunity to talk to each other, and the times we did, it was to discuss class affairs. Despite their outgoing personality, both Matsushita-san and Karuizawa-san were taking a rather passive stance and stayed with each other. Perhaps because most of the students in the group were from Class B. So, it was our job to make sure they felt welcomed. This one, being a good opportunity to strengthen our bond with our allies.

The main thing we needed to avoid was someone being expelled if our group fell short. Since I was the captain of our group, I knew I would not call for the Solidarity Rule to expel someone.

Karma-kun wanted Mako-chan as the group's representative but I insisted on taking the role, since it was the one with the most risk.

"This all must make you really nervous, huh? I mean, being surrounded by students from another class you don't know."

"U-um, well. Not really, Ichinose-san," Karuizawa-san affirmed. "You're our allies after all."

"I see. That's good to hear. Just know that we're here to help if you ever need anything."

"Likewise, Ichinose-san," Karuizawa-san replied with a smile.

Although not completely strangers, we weren't exactly people that spent their time together. You couldn't transform a group like this one into friends just because you wanted to. It was the kind of thing that happened naturally or not at all. If you overthought it, you'd lose your footing and fail.

"Hey, Ichinose-san. Have you ever had a boyfriend?" Matsushita-san asked boldly out of the blue.

"Well... I'm embarrassed to say it, but no. I don't have any romantic experience."

"Really?!" Karuizawa-san jumped on her bed. "But you're, like, super popular. You must get, like, confessions every week, right? Or maybe you're like Chiaki-san who has, like, really high standards and stuff."

Matsushita-san threw her pillow in Karuizawa-san's direction and hit her right on the face, which caused some chuckles.

"I don't really think I am, but...I dunno."

"Well, do you like any guys?"

"Huuuh?!"

The question was so sudden, I couldn't help but panic.

"You spent a lot of time with Karma-kun, right?" Karuizawa-san showed a smirk.

Mako-chan scoffed. "That guy and Honami-chan? I'll be dating someone like Ryuuen before something like that happens."