V6: Chapter 3 - Who Made Who

Akabane Karma POV

I stood up from my seat as soon as Chie-sensei walked out of the classroom.

Just like I had done the day the sports festival was announced, and I stepped down as the leader of the class, I walked over to the podium.

Time to get my class back.

This method took much more time than Ryuuen's tyrannical approach, but it gave far better results. I had just shown them they needed me. That they had no choice but to depend on me, and if there were still people that questioned my leadership, then Kanzaki, Shinobu, Matsuo and Ichinose just had to say a few words.

It wouldn't hurt to send them a pique.

"So... Since you failed so spectacularly, I will take back the leadership if everyone's okay with it."

I scanned the classroom, most of them looked down hearing my comment. No one protested. That was good.

"Come on. No need to make weird faces. We're going to ace this exam... Now. To the announcements. First of all, you don't have to worry about the questions. I'll take care of them. Second, study groups. There will be five, Kanzaki, Beppu, Hamaguchi, Shinobu and Ichinose will be your tutors. You should be receiving a mail in a few minutes, you'll find five lists one for each study group, please search your name and attend your sessions as indicated. The two names highlighted are the one of your tutors and their assistant. If you have to chose between going to your club and attending the study group session. You attend your study groups. I don't want to hear about anyone skipping their sessions—"

"Karma?"

"Yes, Hamaguchi?"

"I got two mails. One has the lists as you said, but the other has... what's this? A program?"

"It is. You will teach what's on that program. In all likelihood, Mikoto and Chikujoin will take care of the questions in Class C, so the level should be high—"

"Class C? You already deciding who are we going against?" Beppu asked.

"I did."

"This is all too well prepared. You know you can't use your position in the student council to your advantage in the exams, Karma."

"But I didn't' use anything, Beppu. I came up with all of this while Chie-sensei explained the exam. You surely saw me playing with my phone."

"And you expect me to believe that? This is too well thought to be something you just did."

"What can I say? It all came to my mind as if it was a revelation~"

"Can't you answer seriously? Karma you're still doing—"

"Can you prove it then? Can you prove I came up with all of this before the exam was explained?"

He remained silent, of course, he gave me his best death glare.

It was ridicoulous to accuse me of taking advantage of my student council position. Everyone knew the student council members took advantage of it, people just pretended not to notice. The system was just too well installed. Even the school looked elsewhere as long as it wasn't something flagrant.

I stepped down the podium, walked closer to everyone and put my hands on the two desks that were in the middle of the front row.

"Let me make something clear," I addressed everyone. "We're all going to Class A. That's our goal, right?" They nodded. "Good, we agree on something then. Now. I can take you to Class A, and you know that. All I'm interested in is the sake of this class. We now have almost forty million private points. Enough to save two people if somehow any of you was in danger of expulsion. You see me as authoritarian, and yes. I am authoritarian, but I'm not doing it because I want to rule you like Ryuuen. I'm doing it to let you enjoy your school life. I'm not asking you to trust me. I'm asking you to let me do my work."