V6: Chapter 5 - Go to Corinth

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

As classes ended for the day, I left the classroom and began walking in the direction of the student council.

We have had a lot of work lately. Nagumo really began working immediately, wanting to apply all his reforms. We had managed to formalise the changes he had announced in the ceremony the other day and it had been confirmed in the school forums. Kiriyama and I had reached an agreement with the president of the school journal for an article regarding the new reforms to be published.

Right now, we were working on two main proposals to the school. The first one was an app call Over All Abilities or OAA for short, which was supposed to display each student's abilities as measured by the school results. Nagumo wanted it to be implemented as soon as possible. Nao and Karma were also especially supportive of the app and, like Nagumo, wanted it to be put into effect quickly. Although, even if the development process was advancing firmly, the school wouldn't agree to implement it mid-semester, since that would imply a certain number of changes in the way things were evaluated. So our objective was to put the app in function in January with the beginning of the last semester of the year.

The second point could be applied much sooner, however, convincing the school wasn't as easy, so this was the project that had our attention right now. This second point was convincing the school to be more lenient on violence. As long as the matter wasn't that big, the student council had permission to handle it. Yet, Nagumo wanted the school to stay out of students' affairs - or it would be more correct to say out of his affairs as much as possible. Thus, we had to convince the school to take another step back and let us have even more autonomy. Unsurprisingly, Karma was supporting this initiative with even more fervour than the OAA app.

Nagumo and Nao, as president and vice-president would have a meeting with the school council to talk about some of these reforms on November 1. So, it was imperative for us to have prepared a stable, functional plan that the school could accept by then. For this, Nao had proposed the creation of an official post of Disciplinary Supervisor along with a secretary that helps this supervisor. Nagumo wasn't convinced at first but after a long discussion we had agreed to work on that. It was the best and most obvious way to convince the school to be more lenient on violence since we would now have two people who focused only on disciplinary matters which was an evolution to the way things were as of right now.

On paper, Mizowaki was supposed to take care of the students' discipline but in reality, his function was far more wide, specially since Tonokawa was expelled. Apparently, Tonokawa's tasks had been split between Mizowaki and Ichinose.

However, the creation of this post of Disciplinary Supervisor with the powers it would have, raised new stakes since the person nominated would have almost as much power as the student council president, vice-president, and treasurer; which were currently the three positions that held the most power in the school right now.

"Yo! Kiyo!"

"Hmm?" I turned to see Karma who was walking down the hallway in my direction. Ichinose was by his side.

"You look lost in your thoughts. Pondering whether to accept Nao's feelings~?"

"I was just thinking about Nagumo's reforms," I replied. "Good morning, Ichinose."

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun," she greeted me with a bright smile. "You've been working really hard ever since you joined the council."

We continued walking in the direction of the student council room which wasn't that far.

"It's just Nao that gives me a lot of work," I said dismissively.