V4.5: Chapter 4 - Free...

Misaka Mikoto POV

I left my room to go up to the seventh floor to meet with the girls from the track-and-field club.

Ibuki had proposed me to accompany her to the fortune-teller but since I already had plans, I had to refuse. I should have put her in contact with Hiyori, though. I'm certain she would have agreed to go.

It didn't take me long to arrive at the seventh floor – my room was on the sixth. Arriving, I knocked on Minori's door.

These past few days had been great, mainly because, since the end of the cruise exam, I had been able to have peace. There was no need to scheme or have contact with Ryuuen or Magane which was great. Thus, I was able to spend the days as I wished.

Opening the door, Mariko who apparently was already here, greeted me and made me enter without delay. Leaving my shoes on the entrance, I made my way inside the room.

Unlike mine which was more like a kid's room with all the Gekota things I had - just like mangas, it was something I discovered at my stay in the Ayanokouji Household, Minori's room looked way more like the room of a teenager fan of sports.

Every little space on the walls had been filled with posters of sprinters and athletic competitions. On the bookshelf, beside the school material were several books about the history of athletes and competitions like the Olympics. On the centre table laid a book called Today We Die a Little which from what I could picture from the cover, it's about some European runner.

Sitting on the bed, Minori and Ayumu were looking at the TV attentively. On the screen the athletic competitions of this year's Olympics could be seen.

"I thought the Olympics were already over," I mentioned.

"They are, but Minori recorded them so we could see them after the cruise," Mariko told me handing me a cup of chocolate and taken a sit on the floor next to the bed.

I sat on the other end of the bed.

"I thought we were going to watch a movie," I said.

"We were," Ayumu stated. "But Minori insisted on watching the Olympics. Apparently, many records were broken this year."

"How many?" I asked.

"Many," Minori said. "Look! It's starting!"

Minori pointed at the screen where the athletes were finishing preparing for the women's 400m hurdles final.

"You seem really excited about it," I said.

"Of course! I mean it's the Olympics. Ahh! I would have loved to be on the stadium three years ago," she held her head with both her hands.

Bang!

The sound indicating the beginning of the race was heard. Immediately, the runners launched themselves through the track, quickly jumping the hurdles. At first, they were all quite close to each other, but as they entered the second curve the gap grew with four of them leading easily. That was until one of them escaped on the last hundred meters to get an easy first place setting a new Olympic record of 51.37. That wasn't enough to beat the world record, though.

Minori jumped out of her seat as soon as she saw the time of the winner.

"That was amazing! Can you imagine? Breaking an Olympic record that easily!" she exclaimed.