V2: Chapter 6 - Resolution

Ayanokouji Kiyotaka POV

"Whew! I feel so much better! Thank you for allowing me to participate Ayanokouji-kun, even if at the end I didn't really help that much," Ichinose said stretching her arms.

"Don't say that, thanks to you Class C will lose thirty points, Ichinose."

"Ha ha ha, yeah. I guess so. But Misaka-san is amazing, don't you think?! She noticed I was there and saw through our plan with the cameras."

"Yeah, I guess we have to thank Karma for taking her out during the trial."

After taking down the cameras, Ichinose and I were leaving the special building, making our way towards the school building.

It was a pity that we couldn't carry out our plan with the cameras. Ichinose and Kanzaki bought them, and together with the Professor, installed them during our lunch break. If Ishizaki and the two others had shown up instead of Mikoto, then the cameras would've done their job. I suppose it was a risk though. Those three must have made a fuss about Kushida calling them, even if they were supposed to not tell anyone, Mikoto must have heard them talking about it.

Regarding the cameras, I was surprised at first that the school sold such equipment. Then again, while you wouldn't think of using them for crime prevention, they could be useful in measurement and recording. In other words, study tools. Perhaps calling them network rather than security cameras would make it easier to comprehend. When I had asked Nao if she had these types of cameras to borrow them from her, she told me that she wanted to but her expenses on other equipment left her with barely any points to live without taking the free meal from the cafeteria every day. I wondered how Nao had spent almost the 300,000 thousand points she had received up until now but didn't ask her.

It was also a shame that the heat factor was wasted. I don't think it affected Mikoto in the slightest, but I couldn't be sure. The fact that she just accepted to lose class points surprised me, but I attributed that to her altercation with Karma rather than the heat.

"When the day comes, you guys will probably become formidable rivals, Ayanokouji-kun."

"If such a day ever comes, I guess."

However, Ichinose might well be in Class A by then.

"I'll definitely return the points I borrowed. Just tell me when you want them."

"Sure. As long as you pay me back by graduation, it's fine. So, what are you going to do now? Wait in front of the student council room?"

"Probably..."

I suddenly remembered seeing Sakura. She'd said that she had plans today, but what in the world was she doing? Earlier, when she'd been waiting for me after class, what had she wanted to tell me? She seemed like she'd resolved to do something, judging by her expression. Right? She'd said she had courage. But what for?

The feelings plagued me, as if the back of my head were going numb while my thought s swirled. And I began running.

"Huh? Ayanokouji-kun? W-wait a minute!"

Even though she couldn't understand what was happening, for some reason Ichinose followed me.

My phone's tracking data displayed the entrance of the electronics store. Not to be put off, Ichinose came running after me and stuck close. As we approached our destination, I was incredibly winded. I had to stop and catch my breath. Just as a precaution, I signalled Ichinose to be quiet.

"Please don't contact me anymore!"

"Why would you say something like that? You're my treasure... Ever since I first saw you in a magazine, I've loved you. Meeting you again here, I felt like it was destiny. I love you... I can't stop feeling this way about you!"