V4.5: Chapter 3 - Akabane Karma's Date

Akabane Karma POV

I stood in front of the residence waiting for my companion to arrive. We had come back to the school a few days ago and it was already obvious that I only had three supporters left in Class B. I had called one of those three to meet today.

Of course, it wouldn't be the two of us only, someone else would join us at Keyaki Mall.

If I wanted my plans for the festival to be successful, then I needed to lay the groundwork first. The results of the island and the cruise exam gave me a lot to think about. I knew full well how overconfident I was. Tsukasa had used that to bury me, that's why I was the fourth and not the third of our generation.

I could have used the alliance with Class D to tell Kiyotaka to save us. If he had gone after Class C the same way he went after Class A then we could have closed the gap with Class A. But that wouldn't have done. I was here to show I could be useful, to show how the people here were nothing more than ants, not to go crying for help to our Masterpiece. Besides, I didn't want to owe him anything.

Mikoto, Sakayanagi, Chikujoin, Ryuuen... I had underestimated them and I wouldn't commit that mistake again. But before returning the favour to them, I had to settle some things with the vice-president of the student council.

"You're finally here! I thought I would be seventy by the time you arrived."

"Haha, how amusing Karma," she replied.

Instead of stopping by my side she continued walking in the direction of Keyaki Mall. I smiled at this and quickly joined her.

"You could give me a proper greeting, you know?"

"I could, yes."

I chuckled.

This girl was amazing, the complete opposite of our class.

If you made a list of the most beautiful girls in our year, she certainly would be in the top 10, but it wasn't her looks that interested me. Her academics and physical abilities were pretty average and even after reading Nao's report I cannot be sure of how good she's at things like scheming or manipulating. But that wasn't important either. No, what was important was her ideas, her mentality. Unlike Ichinose she isn't driven by that ideal of friendship, and unlike Shinobu she's not obsessed with justice and righteousness.

No, she's much simpler and more practical. With her, it was the endgame that counted, the goal. You just had to be direct.

"Hey, stop staring at me like that," she spoke.

"Why? Can't I admire your beauty?" I inquired with a smile.

"No, it's creepy."

"Heh~? That's harsh Yuki. I thought we were good friends."

She glared at me, and I raised my arms in surrender. She wasn't the biggest fan of the word friend.

Entering Keyaki Mall we went to the Shooting Star Coffee located on the first floor, we went over the counter and I ordered a lemonade while Yuki asked for a coffee, after receiving our drinks, we sat at a table outside of the café.

"And what are you going to do about the situation in the class?" she asked me, starting the conversation.

"Nothing," I replied drinking from my lemonade.

"Nothing?"

"Nothing," I confirmed.

"You're kidding right? The class will become even more lovey-dovey if you're not the one leading."