《 acceptance 》

Y/n is a night guard in the pizzaplex. Although they seldom worked with other employees, Y/n is considered a respectable and likable person. They're a reliable night guard and all the active animatronics also like them in a way.

For example, Freddy and Y/n have a comme il faut work relationship and occasionally talk about their day. Chica and Y/n are on good terms although it's hardly reputable since all Chica does is sneak behind Y/n's back to raid the kitchen. Roxy and Y/n aren't on speaking terms but they both have the silent agreement to not bother each other and only talk when necessary. Finally, Y/n and Monty. The two are the closest out of everyone. Monty has learned to have fun around the night guard, as he thought they weren't that bad of a person. Y/n opened themselves to Monty and they were now best friends.

Monty and Y/n are playing golf again tonight. The latter had nothing to worry about because Vanessa wasn't there to supervise. In fact, she was out sick for a week now so Y/n is the only night guard on duty. There was no trouble whatsoever since the security bots did their thing. So Y/n decided to go slack off and play with Monty.

"Another hole-in-one? No way you're gettin' this good, Y/n." Monty jabs Y/n with the golf club.

Y/n chuckles. "I learned from the best, buddy."

The two usually talked while playing but Y/n was doing less of the talking. Monty took note of the lack of banter earlier in their game but it was now bothering the gator. So as soon as they finished playing, Monty drags them by the collar and brings them to the snack bar.

"Ayo?" Y/n struggled and fell back as their legs simply slid limp across the floor. "Monty, where're you bringing me?"

"To talk."

If there was one way to make Y/n spill, it was through food. Monty knew this much. He's spent time with them for weeks going months and his memory serves him right when it comes to his really close friend, hell, that's his only human friend. The gator would know what makes them tick and what makes them melt. This much intimacy was something that even he was comfortable with despite his aloofness and disconnection with anything that involves mushy feelings. Monty would do things for his best friend; the one person who accepts him for who he is.

The gator grub is where the two would usually grab a snack to-go after playing. Monty brought Y/n here and passed them a juicy burger. Y/n swallows a lump in their throat. There was obviously something afoot.

"See this 'burg?" Monty pulls it back before a pair of itchy hands grabbed it. "You ain't gettin' it until you tell me what's wrong with you."

Y/n frowns at Monty. "How'd you know?"

"You're too easy to read."

Grumbling, Y/n looks away from Monty and the burger. They did some thinking for a few moments. Perhaps it was time to tell Monty the truth. Maybe Y/n will finally be free of guilt having to hide something as important as this to their closest friend. Turning back to face Monty, Y/n sighs audibly.

"Guess it's time I told you."

"Told me what?"

While Y/n stared into Monty's eyes (or at least through the shades), their hand discreetly reached for the burger but Monty was too quick for them. The gator let out a low growl and moved the burger further away.

"Damn." Y/n whispered.

"Just tell me."

They went quiet again. No use in stalling. Y/n didn't want to lie to Monty anymore either. It would only hurt both of them. So it's now or never.

"I'm... I used to be a woman." Y/n's eyes flew down. "I know you see me as a man and all that but I can't keep this from you. If you hate me now, then I understand."

Monty makes a hmm sound. "That's it?"

Y/n's head shot up and looked at Monty in disbelief. That's it? They open their mouth but stumble on their words.

"Look," he sighs. "It doesn't matter who you used to be. You're you now."

"My parents can't even accept me—"

"I'm your best friend. I ain't prejudiced. To hell with your parents." Monty then grins and shoves the burger in Y/n's mouth.

The gator leaves the premises, leaving Y/n dumbstruck with a burger in their mouth. But Y/n couldn't be any more happier.

《 end. 》

Ok but... they/them supremacy

Edit: I wrote this in a span of a few hours, it's one of the quickest things I wrote that turned out decent (go me)