《 sunshine 》

In this scenario, Sun is "sick" and his program is glitching. (P.S. His mouth can't really move so allowing him to eat trash is out of the question unlike Chica does.)
Also, this can be a direct sequel to《glitter glue》so I hope you guys like it.

(This is going to be short, I apologize)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( sundrop x reader )

It was the first time that the Daycare had closed. As you came into work, your boss caught you in the nick of time and explained that something happened to Sun. Since it was your job to check on Sunny's maintenance, you rushed to the Daycare and barged in to find him lying on the ground. You dash to his side and carry his head onto your lap.

"Sunshine?" He croaked out. Even if you blushed when he called you that, you were more worried about his state. His voice didn't sound so good.

"Sunny, are you ok? What happened to you?"

"I a-a-accidentally messed with the gator-tor." His speech glitched and stuttered. "He roughed me-me up a little."

"Sunny..."

"And th-there's something-something wrong with my prog-program." His hand lifted from the floor to your cheek, caressing you gently.

"Don't worry, Sunny. I'll fix you up in no time."

Your job is being Sunny's maintenance checker and therefore it's part of the job to bring him to parts and service and inspect every nook and cranny of his body. You don't often get to do this so it feels odd. Other than that, you have to check the back of his head and connect to his main software.

"Somehow, you overheated a bit last night. It's like you have a fever. Also, I.T hasn't updated your software yet so I have to ask them about that."

You carefully escort him back to the Daycare without trying to be seen by so many guests. Some kids wouldn't like seeing the daycare attendant looking weak and limping. The very opposite of what his personality is.

"You're getting an upgrade soon, aren't you? Is, uh, Moon getting an upgrade too?"

"Yes. To make him look less scary to our friends." At least you managed to fix his speech. "I still hate it when lights are off but it's the only time he gets to play."

It'll take a few hours until Sunny gets back to normal but perhaps it's best to keep the lights on as usual. You set him down in the ball pit as he requested. Seeing how it invokes ones inner child, you join him in the pit and simply let the balls take you.

"Oh, sunshine~?" He calls out.

You look up only to find him centimeters away from your face. He hadn't started calling you that ever since he confessed that he liked you. Of course, you find the nickname extremely endearing.

"Yes, Sunny?"

"I'm sorry if I wasn't myself today."

"That's ok. Every sun hides behind a cloud." You moved closer until your faces were nearly touching. "It won't be long until it shines again."

《 end. 》