《 here for you 》

Comfort is something you don't get. It's usually something you give. Frankly, you're sick of it. You're a giver but it's painful when you're not receiving anything. All you want is for someone, anyone, to tell you that you're doing great and that it's gonna be alright. You needed to hear something that would give you even just a sliver of consolation and ease...

Today, you and your friends all pitched in some money to go to the new Mega Pizzaplex. You were all broke but what the hell, it won't be so bad to splurge once in a while. As you arrived, one of your friends suggest to split up and meet back at the atrium. You all went split ways to wherever you all wanted to go. There was half an hour to spare before showtime so you headed to the one place that caught your eye; Monty's Gator Golf.

As you were walking through the attraction, your foot decided to go whoops, about to send you straight into the water. You shut your eyes and await the impact of cold water but it never came. Instead, something heavy appeared by your waist. You opened your eyes and came face to face with the mascot of the golf attraction; the bassist of the band; Montgomery Gator. He was holding onto you. Hell, he saved you from a big splash and a change of clothes.

"You alright, doll?"

"Y-Yeah. Yeah. I'm good." You stutter.

He held your weight in just one arm. His other hand lifts his shades to get a better look at you. A mischievous glint occupies his mesmerizing red eyes. You were speechless. He saved you like he was some kind of cool hero. At least you were conscious enough to thank him after he helps you up.

He leans down to your height. "What's your name?"

"Y/n."

Boy, this must be a dream. That's what you keep thinking. But this is all real. Something about bass players intrigued you and Monty was no exception.

"Say, Y/n, you should come see the show." He stands upright and gives you something that came from God-knows-where. "Here's a photo pass. You can come see me at my room after." He lowers his shades and winks.

Monty leaves you dumbfounded. You weren't expecting to meet any of the animatronics and you certainly weren't expecting that one of them would practically flirt with you on your first meeting. When you came back to reality, you headed to the concert. After the show was when you spotted your friends leaving the mall without you. They looked like they had fun. You were pretty sure they didn't get you any souvenirs either. It didn't matter now. All you could do was either go home and wallow in self-pity or...

"Y/n! Glad you made it."

"Hi, Monty."

You used your photo pass to enter Monty's green room. It was actually clean and fixed when you stepped inside. Monty said that he had it redone after the last time he raged out inside. You walk around his room and looked at everything you could lay your eyes on. It was like being in celebrity's room.

"Hey." He called your attention. "You ok? You look like you're out of it."

You didn't realize you'd been actually standing in the same spot and looking at the wall. Sighing, you go sit on his couch. You bury your face in your hands. Monty made his way over and sat next to you, making the couch sink.

"What's wrong?" You feel his hand on your back.

"I'm alone." You choke back a sob. "They only come to me if they need comforting. Nobody's there for me when I need it."

You kept your face covered, the darkness of your hands being your only comfort. Until Monty suddenly carries you and places you on his lap.

"If it makes you feel better, I'm here for you now."

Tears roll down your face as soon as he said it. How could this animatronic have more humanity than those people you called friends. You barely knew him but you knew he cared. Monty envelops you in a warm hug and pulls you close to his chest. It was a bit awkward but you'd take any kind of comfort right now. Even if it was a big gator who flirted with you earlier. After comforting you, Monty invites you to play golf. He had to teach you first since you didn't know how to play. You also sucked at aiming. He avoided laughing at you when you failed because he thought it would hurt your feelings. Yes, it's very nice of him to do so. In the end, you won your first game against him.

"I'm too handsome to lose!" He growls.

You stifle a laugh. "You probably went too easy on me, handsome."

"So what if I did?" Monty grumbles. "But wait 'til we play again next week!"

《 end. 》

Wow this turned out better than I expected. I guess I put more effort into Monty cuz I love him.