《 inSECURE 》

Please imagine Roxy's hair in a messy bun.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( roxy x night guard reader )

As a night guard, it's your main duty to make sure that everyone is safe and that everything is in proper order. You've been working in the Mega Pizzaplex ever since they opened so you know almost every nook and cranny—but just on the surface. Do you know the secrets buried beneath? No, that's not your problem anyway. The only problem you've had so far is a certain animatronic named Roxanne Wolf. There's many things to be said about Roxy, some of those things being negative traits. You don't know what her deal is, seeing as how you aren't close to any of the main stars. But something about the wolf intrigued you.

Despite being a night guard, you often come to work in the day to eat and watch the shows. You drive back home and then come back at night for work. Tonight, you're making your rounds at Rockstar Row. You missed today's show since you overslept but that's ok. What wasn't ok was the fact that you can see and hear Roxy crying in front of her mirror as you walk by. The curtains were half-opened, letting you peek inside. You rush to her door but listen in before doing anything else.

"I messed up." She was sobbing. "I failed."

Her every cry resonated with a whirring mechanical sound that reminded you she was just a robot. But no ordinary robot. The animatronics were far more advanced than you took them to be.

"I'm the worst. Nobody loves me anymore. I'm not beautiful anymore."

Jeez. This girl definitely is something. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to comfort her. After all, it's your job to keep everyone, even animatronics, safe and sound. You mentally prepared yourself before knocking. Roxy's crying ceased immediately.

"Who's there?" She asks.

"Um. It's me. The night guard."

"Oh, Y/n." You're glad she remembers your name. "Fine. You can come in."

The door opens. You were half-expecting for Roxy to have some sort of tears in her eyes but maybe you expected too much from today's technology. Stepping into her green room, it was only now you realized that you haven't been here before.

"So? Did you need anything?" She places her hand on her hips, her eyes focused on the mirror.

"I just came by to check on you."

While she was busy staring at herself, you made yourself at home and on her purple couch. You picked up a nearby plush of Roxy and you can't help but giggle.

"What are you laughing at?" Roxy finally looked at where you were sitting.

"Oh, sorry. This plush is cute just like you."

The keytarist went quiet after that. You gazed up at her, now becoming aware of the sad look in her eyes. Then you had an idea. You called yourself insane but perhaps it might just work.

"Roxy." You pat your lap, giving her your most honest smile.

Her eyes squint at you. After about ten seconds of silence, she walks over and sits on the couch. Her head soon falls into your lap (nearly knocking the life out of your legs). Carefully, you bring your hand to her head and softly stroked her hair. Roxy didn't say anything but she seemed to be fine with it.

"Ready to tell me what's wrong?" You whisper.

"My performance today sucked."

If you were to describe her now, you'd say she sounds like a sulking teenager with self-esteem issues and imminent depression.

"How come?"

She turned her head to look into your eyes. "I noticed you weren't there today."

"Oh." Was all you could muster.

But the thought of Roxy missing you made you happy.

"Then next time, I'll be there."

"Even after showtime?"

"I'm free for a cuddle session anytime."

"Good." She smiles.

《 end. 》