《 ghost 》

The song is so good tbh.

This oneshot may be angst-ish fluff. Or fluff-ish angst. Or just angst.

Edit: Omg I didn't use the word gator in the title for once hahaha

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( monty x [ghost] reader )

If I can't be close to you, I'll settle for the ghost of you. I miss you more than life.

Recently, Monty has been either really quiet or suddenly having a conversation with himself. It was odd to those would see him but his bandmates knew that he once had a wonderful time talking to his number one fan; a wonderful young woman named Y/n.

She's been dead for a year now. Monty was devastated. It was unexpected for the animatronic to turn out this way but Y/n has really touched deep within his rage and calmed him on the worst days. Now that she's gone... Monty feels hollow. When his physical body or his bass would break, it would not compare to how broken he is on the inside. Mechanics can repair him endlessly but it will not fix anything.

Y/n was always a kid at heart and she was very supportive and caring about those around her. She's stubborn and headstrong. Although her feet were always firm on the ground, her head often flies to the clouds. With such a soft girl like that, it was easy to see how she got past Monty's rough edges.

The past few days, Monty can be found in the catwalks above Gator Golf or in his Green Room. More on the prior as he can make conversation there and nobody would find him. But who exactly was he talking to?

"Heya, Monty. How are you?"

Her voice was nothing more than just a gust of wind that blows on the leaves around him. Y/n now appears as a cold apparition in front of Monty. Although, somehow, he can still feel what remains of her human warmth. He misses her so badly.

"Monty? You're quiet again today. Your performance wasn't bad. I still love it."

Monty gives no reply. Every time he came up here, he sits down on the suspended metal catwalks. Y/n would always sit across him. She'd still smile and be her usual self.

"I wish I could've played the bass too."

Monty takes off his shades. Y/n always liked when he did that. That way, she could always look into his eyes.

"Your eyes look sad and lost. I wish I can cheer you up."

"Just seeing you here..." his voice had gone down to a mechanical whisper. "Seeing you here cheers me up."

"Then why aren't you smiling?"

"Because you're not really here."

"But I am!"

She is aware that she's dead. But her spirit, as stubborn as she is, decides to stay with Monty. Y/n would hate to leave him a second time. The ghost then comes up with an idea. She grins and plants a kiss on Monty's snout. And at that moment, he actually felt her lips on his face. He whips his head up to look at her. The gator got caught off guard as he felt a cold yet physical touch of her lips.

"Gotcha."

"Y/n..."

He'd felt it once before, when she was warm and alive. She kissed him in the dark where nobody would find them. Y/n loved him. He found that he loved her back, They both kept their secrets in his room, away from the prying eyes of the sinister world around them.

But then he lost all that. All he has left is the lingering ghost of Y/n and the memories he kept.

"Monty, listen to me." She brings a hand to his cheek. Deep red eyes stared at her nearly transparent ones.

"I'll always be with you. Whether or not my spirit is physically here. You'll always have me. I want you to be happy now. Don't just settle for the ghost of me."

"No, Y/n! Don't leave me!"

"I will always love you, Monty. And I know you'll always love me."

《 end. 》

Alternate ending:
It's all a nightmare. Monty finds Y/n asleep in his arms, safe and sound and warm.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I noticed that I can actually make quality oneshots if I sleep and take my time. Wow. If only I wasn't held down by my own consequential procrastination and desperation to write something good in a short amount of time.