《 no matter who you are 》

This is going to be quite short again, I apologize.

I'm still in the dark when it comes to things I have no personal connections/experiences with like polyamory or, in this case, the topic of this oneshot.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

( sundrop x reader )

You were assigned female at birth, but upon growing up, you found that there was more to you than meets the eye. There was someone else appearing in your reflection when you looked in the mirror. It's not you.

"So, it's you, but you feel like it's someone else entirely?" Your little brother questioned.

"Basically."

You had to explain to your little brother Gregory about the secret you'd been hiding for a while now. He was smart enough to understand what you were trying to explain. As a loving albeit sassy sibling, Gregory had no prejudices against you and your feelings. You had also told your mother, who accepted you without question but forgot all about it due to her growing dementia.

Today, you are planning to tell your favorite jester at work; Sundrop. Yes, you work at the pizzaplex — which is why Gregory gets a free pass. You work as one of the party handlers in the superstar daycare. After hours, you sit in the play area and let Gregory go wild. You eventually met the attendant on your first week and ended up befriending him.

Gregory roams the pizzaplex with a few bucks and party passes as you continue on with your job. At the end of the day, you and Gregory head to the Daycare.

"Sundrop? You here?"

As if on cue, he appeared from the upper balcony and dives into the ball pit. He's gotta stop doing that, you think to yourself.

Much later into the night, you and Sunny were calmly engulfed in the ballpit whilst Gregory was left alone to his adventures.

"Hey, Sunny? I'm gonna tell you a secret."

"What is it?"

"Just promise me you won't laugh."

"Why would I laugh?"

He has a point. Sunny isn't the type to laugh at you when you try to tell him something whether it be something embarrassing or something weird. He listens closely and tries to grasp different concepts. So unlike normal people. It's hard to find someone like him these days.

Inhaling, you finally tell him.

"I'm a trans guy."

Silence.

"What does that mean?"

In the simplest words, you tried explain your feelings to an advanced animatronic that took care of children. He was confused at first but got it in the end. After your explanation, he jumps up from the balls and lifts you from the ground. Sunny gives you a hug and pats your head.

"No matter who you are, we're still gonna be friends!"

"Sun..."

"But you still like googly eyes, right?"

"Of course. My gender identity wouldn't change the things I like."

《 end. 》

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Important afterword:
I did a little research about trans men as I was writing this. I'm pretty sure I didn't do them justice seeing how this oneshot feels a bit off to me. My humblest apologies to every trans men out there. I probably won't be rewriting this.

To everyone who struggles with coming out, don't worry. I'm with you. I haven't come out either. Heck, I'm not even a 100% sure if I'm bisexual...

Still, it's nice to have someone be able to support and accept who you are, whether it be a friend or family member. Even perhaps strangers on social media. Just know that no matter who you are, you are loved.

Anyway I'm glad to accept requests about things I have no idea about because it pushes me out of my comfort zones. I prefer to think of it as development on my writing. By exploring various topics, I learn so much more. So I am grateful to those requests. Then again, don't push me too much. I like living in the shadows and I don't like being forced to do things...

Thank you all so much for reading this book so far. Although I'm pretty sure some of you would enjoy it if I actually wrote a fanfic. But alas, I cannot.

Leave a vote if you enjoyed any of my writings.

Thank you.