Episode 20 : Elven party ; 5

It has now been two hours since i first entered the party.

i don't believe this shit.

Damien is clinging to me for help, Thorn and Lupra are trying to escape the soul veil but are being restrained by Ronik. And there was even this bastard who arrived just recently.

"So you are here as well, Cayde Barbaten."

My doubtful leer kept on Arthur Moonleaf's disturbingly handsome face. He was wearing a pure black suit that looked no different to the battle gear he beat me up in.

"So it seems."

This jerk just had to be here. Its hard enough keeping Lupra and Thorn from coming up but i can also sense Incursiks desire for a rematch welling up in the depths of my mind.

"Its been fun catching up. Well! See ya!" As i turned his hand firmly gripped around my shoulder threatening to snap my collar bone.

"We aren't done here." As he spoke a threatening atmosphere floated about him. The elves were already avoiding us before but now i was completely isolated and with added baggage "you are going to tell me your relationship with the black knight, Alfell."

"Come on. Were at a party. Learn to loosen up a little."

I muttered random words expecting nothing but fortunately he let me go. My shoulder was throbbing from where he just let go and there was clearly a massive bruise from his slight touch. What is this growth?!

"Hmph." He huffed angrily "fine. No running you hear me."

Arthur then vanished into the crowd after his threat and the elves opened up a path for him. I really wish i left this morning. Regressors are such a pain to deal with.

Damien was weeping on my hip clinging tightly not wanting to free me. For the past two days he'd been here he'd been subjected to strangely favorable treatment from not just Alma but many other elven girls.

is there something about his mixed race blood that is attractive?

"Ronik. Deal with him, ill handle the other two."

Damien immediately cried out against my words "no! You don't know what they'll do to me!" Ronik hopped out a pulled him off me like a piece of gum "I don't want to go shopping anymore!"

I saluted his departure and saw the elven girls immediately flock to him. Why wasn't he this popular before? Its almost making me jealous.

'And thats saying something! Your an old man with no sense of sexual interest!' Thorn shouted out as he tried to force himself out of the soul veil bashing head first into an invisible wall.

If he and Lupra cooperated I wouldn't be able to hold them so easily. Fortunately these two have never been on good terms.

'Papa is too good for anyone but me, meanface!' The two clashed inside me and my stomach felt like it was turning itself inside out from the sudden hot and cold attacks.

As the two continued though Alma had finally made her debut with her parents and little brother up on a high standing stage to one end of the ballroom with two thrones behind them.

"Almost a gratifying sight for these old eyes." Isaac walked up next to me as he emerged from the crowd. "To think I'd live to see the day my granddaughter like this. I am truly grateful."

Seeing the happy complexion on his face i decided not to ruin the mood "probably not as grateful to watch her grow up the past thirteen years though right?"

Isaac nodded to my question wiping away a tear with his expensive gowns cuffs. "It's a shame she wont be able to enjoy as i will though. The vipers aiming for power are already preparing themselves."