Episode 8 : Sunlight ; 2

Four days of food later we had grown increasingly bored with nothing to do other than meditating, playing cards while betting our own rations, and playing chess variants. We could hear the screeching of creatures in the distance from where the two corpses were as insectoids battled to eat them.

We would sometimes risk watching them tear each other apart just to pass the time but it got dull at one point

On the fifth day, I laid flat on the ground staring up at the dimly lit rock ceiling as the campfire flickered "Damian how much food do we have left?"

"We've still got 2 months worth for each of us" Damian was laid down beside me also staring blankly at the rocky ceiling while Eloy continued to try and fashion a bow from broken weapons.

"I understand you're both bored but could you two at least act like you have something to do?"

I turned my head to look at Eloy watching the frustration grow on his face "well I would like to try and take on whole colonies of insectoids to pass the time but someone said no despite seeing my superb stealth skills."

He chuckled trying to hide his growing anger "fine~. Go and kill as many as you like, just make sure to not draw any to us."

I quickly scampered up and walked up to him taking the several pieces of wood from him "hey what are you-" he cut himself off as he watched the white tentacles mold the wood into a bow shape for him in my hand using alchemy "here. Its thanks for finally saying yes" he took it from my hands inspecting the glowing white veins on it as I walked away while Damian continued to lay on the floor with a blank mind. "Why are stones solid Eloy?"

I was now a fair distance from the two walking towards the strong smell of death "incursik you there? If you have an idea to leave this place I'd like to hear it..."

I sighed knowing the attempt to speak to my brother would be fruitless casting a black veil around me as I started to jump about the cavern walls to test my maneuvers but as I swung around a large rock, like Tarzan.

I remembered the egg the two wyrms were trying to protect and stopped myself landing on a large stone platform holding a white flame in my hand.

I pulled out the rotten-smelling egg and encased it in ice to stop the smell from spreading now sitting cross-legged next to it "just why were they still trying to hatch you despite the smell being enough evidence you won't?" I racked my mind trying to think of all the knowledge about dragons as I skim read my diary in case it had any information which I'd forgotten but didn't.

I stared at it curiously tapping at it removing some of the ice "is there a way to revive dead eggs for dragons?"

The thought seemed feasible considering it's a fantasy world but quickly shook my head knowing even in a fantasy world nothing can stop death then sucked it back into my ring "ill make sure to get some use from you at least."

"Incursik! Incursik!" I turned my head back where I came from seeing Eloy shouting loudly for me "what is it, Eloy!"

"I sensed movement on the other side of the rocks!" I grew excited thinking it was the rescue party and bolted forwards right in front of Eloy surprising him but I accidentally opened several of the large cuts on my body putting me in agony spewing out a little blood onto my shirt as I collapsed in front of him making a heavy groan in pain and annoyance as I quickly sew them shut once more with white tentacles acting as mediocre stitches.

Eloy put his hand onto my back as I collapsed onto the floor feeling the blood drenching my shirt "Incursik. You're not in as good shape as you've been saying have you?"

I chuckled at him a little for only just realizing it as I stood back up "ill be fine. The rescue teams here after all and ill finally get proper medical aid."