Episode 17 : Blue lotus departs ; 6

The next day Lumine walked with me to school. It was under the pretext of "its what friends do" but that was just a lie. She was my disciplining mother making sure I don't get into trouble.

Still though. With what happened yesterday I'm glad it's only limited to this. When she saw my wound it wasn't fear but amazement. With traditional medicine and magic healing, scar tissue was impossible to erase but with my aspect it was.

"Cayde. You remember what I told you yesterday right?"

after Lumine left she told me how the Harbinger society is doing a manhunt now for Incursik and she's being used as a spy to try and figure out where he is from me even though she knows I am him!"

"Yeah, yeah don't worry. I won't talk to any old men that approach me randomly little light."

We sat down in our morning classroom next to each other. It felt awkward as neither was talking. I contemplated asking Lumine about the falling gods cult as it's likely her organization knows something.

But then again I don't know how powerful the cult is and if they have spies inside the school. The walls might have ears and if I draw their attention I don't know how much trouble I'll be pulling my way.

I guess the black market is the only choice to get information then. Been a while since I actually went to one. The last time I went I had my Citin Rias ID forged.

The bell rang and my thoughts continued eventually leading me to the conclusion that since the Harbingers want something from it's also likely the cult does as well "dammit! I should have asked Lumine what it is they wanted!"

My outburst filled my empty auditorium with echoes shocking Seer as she stood in the center of the room "oh! Seer, what are you doing here? Our lesson doesn't start for another two hours." I tried to play off the awkwardness I set up and it seemed to work seeing Seer giggle.

"I came by because I have something to tell you..." Seer's face was sad and unwilling. She's leaving in a week so it makes sense that she would be sorry to leave after making friends here.

"I'm all ears." As I faced her the three beasts jumped out of my back to get comfy

"Because of some family matters back home I'm having to leave earlier than planned."

My face sunk slightly as she said this. She was a bright and intelligent girl but she was also quite emotional when it came to her interests despite the expressionless wall she had built up to ward off most kids. "I see. Is there anything I can do to give you a good farewell?"

"...A hug."

My face displayed my surprise and I could feel Thorn's envy as he's been crushing on Seer for a while now "uh it's a Uhm." I felt like a flashbang went off in my face as my words jumbled together "did you say a hug or did I mishear you?"

Seer's face stayed determined as she extended her arms out. She had already set her mind on this, she awkwardly walked up to me and held me in her arms as she gripped the back of my shirt tightly.

She was almost my height so it felt weird as she rested her chin on my collar bone. If I were in my last life I would have probably questioned why she was doing this and tried to understand her.

But as she sniffled I felt a few tears cry onto my shoulder and I understood. She had likely lost someone close to her and wanted to embrace someone's warmth to ease herself. Feeling sorry I put my arms around her and tightened our hug stroking her azure hair.

Her floral hair smelled like peaches as it covered my face. Her quiet sniffling continued for a few minutes and we stayed hugging during that time.

I wanted to ask but I know in a situation like this it's best to wait for her to tell you first.