Episode 9 : Foreshadowed Trouble ; 1

A week after the court fight Nallos had met before the throne and been raised to the marquee position taking all of the Fuden family assets for his own family, he tried to convince me to come along but I refused since I didn't want to get involved too much.

Maarten and his father had both been sentenced to work in the mines for 2 years for attempted murder and political corruption while Rory became independent doing work for the adventurers guild.

Eloy retired after he received a large sum of money from Nallos as thanks. I also got a reward of 500,000numa but continued my journey as an adventurer so I could find my family somewhere in Searig.

I simply enjoyed that time taking it easy hearing about the new stuff finds of the cavern not taking any requests until I met a silver-haired boy and blue-haired man in the streets during my recovery. "Excuse me! Are you by chance the demon incursik?"

I looked up at him curiously as he looked down at me not wearing any of my battle gear or mask "sorry but no. I'm his partner cayde but I'm we're not taking any requests currently so if you want an adventurer, go to the guild and you'll find someone." I tried to leave to head towards my apartment but he quickly stopped me from calling out.

"Ah, I'm sorry I think you've misunderstood. I was hoping my disciple and I could have a quick chat somewhere quiet. Demon to demon of course." I looked at the tall man thinking it was some sort of act until he lifted his hat to grow horns through his blue hair.

I was shocked as this was the first time I'd ever met any demons other than my parents and how he figured I was also a demon, I agreed and led them to a desolate part of Entrana where no one comes

"I must say you do know your way around." The teacher was not even skeptical of me as I led him to the alley making me question how he survived in Laegii so long. Or was he simply that strong he thought he could deal with me if I tried anything.

Not knowing how to be polite to them I spoke nervously "Okay I have to admit, this a first for me meeting other demons so I'm not sure how to act."

"I understand. The demons of Laegii are very good hiders, usually unable to be found unless they reveal themselves as you have."

What does he mean 'of Laegii?' It wasn't just how he talked but everything about him that made me keep my guard up.

"Firstly, I would like to introduce myself and my disciple. My name is Arne and this little one's name is Ulf." I was perturbed by their Viking names slightly but bowed respectfully as they did. "I've heard you are not one to beat around the bush so I would like to get to the point immediately."

"Thanks for doing your research on me old man." His disciple chuckled slightly but he just ignored me. "We are part of a coalition of demons who are looking to reunite our lost brothers and sisters across Laegii and establish a home for ourselves. I would like to invite you to join us and help in our search and future endeavors that will be great boons to us and it would be extremely meaningful if you aided us with your strength."

Bluntly and quickly I shot him down "I refuse."

"Thank you for your compliance we wil- wait you refuse?" The blue-haired man looked at me confused along with his disciple who asked "could you give us your reason? Most demons usually agree immediately."

"Unfortunately I'm not 'most demons' so your gonna have to step your game up but, it's quite simple really." They stared questioning what I must be thinking

"When you say you want to establish a home for the demons, that means going to war with one of the kingdoms to take it to live in doesn't it?" Their brief silence after I asked confirmed my suspicion.