Episode 3 : Betting After Death and Conquest ; 1

For the next nine months, I stayed inside the forest helping Dendra out making sure her last moments in this world would be as warm and comfortable as possible when I wasn't doing my own thing.

I wondered what had happened to Lumine as I never left to tell her what happened but kept brushing it off saying I'll just have to live with her spite when she sees me again if we ever do meet each other again.

Now on the day of my seventh birthday Dendra lays in her bed as I told her the story of King Leonidas of Sparta from my world "what a brave man he is, it's a shame that I only seem to like the sad ending stories hmm?"

I gently held her hands keeping them warm as she tightly gripped them "Cayde, go into my private room and bring me the two void rings beside the candle."

I quickly escaped adhering to her demand, I entered the room for the first time in the five years I had been here but not bothering to explore I quickly found the two rings and brought them to Dendra "I have them here Dendra, here you go."

I put the two rings into her hands and she tiredly smiled then poured everything out of them beside me making my heart jump, she finally stopped when two black v-shaped hilted swords in black leather scabbards plopped out somehow magnetically attached on a holster with a buckle.

"The swords child." I handed them to her and she unsheathed them to reveal two golden translucent blades that crackled with lightning as she held them up "are those enchanted swords?"

"No, they're similar but not quite child. They are called conductive blades. They're simply capable of absorbing elements to change colors, nothing special." She laid them atop the bedsheet as she caught her breath "Their names are Redemptions fortune."

She then abruptly started coughing with a little blood that splattered across them making them colorless as I wiped away the blood from her mouth with a white handkerchief.

"Take them and use them to complete your goals and find your family." She extended the blades towards me now colorless and see-through.

I took them not refusing her knowing it would only hurt her that I refuse her last gift even though I wanted to bury them alongside her. I then injected my mana into the blades.

The one in my left hand was a dark crimson orange filled with fire and darkness while the one in my right was a bright violet purple convulsing with ice and lightning.

"Hehe. They suit you, child. I now have given you everything that you will need Cayde."

Her breathing grew heavy reminding me of my death in my past life as I saw my past self resting right next to her, I could tell she didn't have long. "I have a last request Cayde as well as a few harsh truths I might as well say." I stared at her begging her to speak.

"First off all, you were a lousy, disobedient student who made every moment together worth it when I saw you finally succeed on a task." A smile grew across my lips remembering how she would celebrate with me when I got through a bottleneck

"secondly. You are an atrocious cook unless it comes to making something with rabbits. Make sure to eat a wide variety of meat in the future." My smile grew wider as I remembered her refusing to admit I was a better chef.

"And finally, my request child." I leaned in closer making sure I wouldn't miss a word of what she said: "once I've finally kicked the bucket, take anything you think you'll need from here Cayde, then burn this place down."

I grew wide-eyed as she said this not knowing why she would request this of me "but.. but why? We've had so many memories here together..."

A final evil smile spread across her wrinkled face "It is a bit harsh for a request isn't it? I'm asking this of you, so that once you exit that door you will have no choice but to take the first step to the hell that will await you."