Episode 14 : ice bone ; 3

I coughed harshly as the dust-filled my lungs, my arms pierced by multiple wood splinters as a shadowy figure approached me appearing through dust cloud until I saw Thorn standing on the ceiling "you alright?" Realizing I was upside down I fell forwards just short of Thorn standing up properly "nothing major~" I looked over my arms to see a few wooden splinters in each

I pulled the longest out then set the rest aflame "care to give me the name of your move?" The tiny dragon looked up at me wanting me to reveal my secrets "it's called thunder thrust. Same thing I did to avoid that snake scorpion things acid."

"Really? This one seems more... refined."

"That's because I made it back then but have been working on it since then. I'm not that lazy though it may be hard for you to believe." The black dragon gave a subjective glare as he winced but I scanned my arms one last time making sure I got all the splinters then continued on our way picking up Thorn "you can move now Ronik!"

The golem shrank its body down putting all the wood and stone that made its body into the void ring hidden on its core now in its stubby form following beside me not daring to speak. "I know you didn't do it on purpose so don't get depressed Ronik" the golem perked up no longer sad happily walking with a smile across its face.

We crossed several more bridges descending into the pit of darkness until we finally reached the stone floor at the very bottom finding Lupra's frosty paw prints "looks like she went this way." Her tracks led to a long corridor that looked concerning untouched and well-kept compared to the rest of the ruin.

The three of us affirmed it's likely a trap rigged hallway and Lupra already sprang them all but they likely reset themselves. To test this I chucked several pieces of ice landing on several pressure plates that caused spinning saw blades, spears, and acid to all come shooting out of the walls. "That's hardcore. What's down there that they'd need this much protection for it?"

"Don't know. You two jump in, I'm gonna sprint across. Doubtful there will be any metal wires if Lupra's already been through." The stubby golem and dragon jumped into me entering the soul veil as I charged my legs with mana strengthening my protective mana aura bursting forwards destroying the stones beneath me with every step as traps sprung to action immediately after we passed them that would of normally of killed a regular mage immediately.

After a moment the series of traps had stopped and I could hear claws scraping against a metal door trying to get in somewhere I slowed my pace until I came upon Lupra desperately trying to get into a room the aura that was trying to scare us away when we first entered had grown stronger, whatever it was, it was on the other side "you okay Lupra? Need a hand?"

Lupra stopped clawing at the door looking at me happily "papa! Something tasty smells on the other side!" I intensified the white flame on my hand revealing a large door with a golden circular center and a large keyhole. I pressed my eye against it to try and see the other side but to no avail.

I pulled out my violet sword jamming it into the keyhole all the way to the guard then twisted it sideways creating a loud clang and could hear gears shift as the door slowly began to shake open "ah~ the old break the lock to open the lock trick"

Thorn jumped out of my shoulder as he let his joke be heard.

The large door opened to reveal a skeleton knight made of ice wearing a cape of wind and water with a pulsating cyan core. It moved its jaw rattling trying to roar out at us creating a giant mace of ice "how rude!" Ronik jumped out of my chest pointing his purple claw at the ice-made skeleton. "We are not some invaders who came to break your home!"

We really are though

Thorn looked at him confused alongside me "care to say how you can speak undead?" Ronik looked back surprised at Thorns questioning glare "I thought you knew?"