Episode 13 : school runner ; 2

"It's more so a "what" is Hades than a "who" in all fairness." I tried to play off my slip of the tongue as I gathered attrium in my wrists slowly breaking the cuffs overpowering them.

"Then tell me. What is Hades?"

"It's the ancient name of the world. Nothing more, nothing less. Just something I discovered in a ruin." Come on hurry up and break! I could feel the cuffs breaking but I needed to stall for a few more minutes doing it slowly if I didn't want my circuits to be in disrepair from only using attrium too much and too fast.

The elf leaned further forward in his chair questioning me "Alright then. Now tell me, where are you from and what is your species?"

"I'm from the abyss and my species is whatever had sex with your mother last night." I could tell he was getting infuriated by my immaturity, just a few more seconds come on!

"Citin Rias. I don't wish to have to get violent with a child but I will resort to mental forms of coercion if I must!"

Realizing that my cuffs were finally a second away from breaking I smiled "okay, but I prefer physical punishment more than mental punishment. My brother would get annoyed after all."

The cuffs then shattered with a great bang exploding all over the metal wall behind me piercing it.

I quickly lunged forward igniting the ashreaver markings across my body as the elf tried to reach for my necklace, but before he could grab it I punched him in the face making him crash through the metal wall behind him into an open corridor.

I grabbed my necklace sucking all the stuff on the table inside including my swords but left my fake ID behind as it no longer served a purpose, I then felt drowsiness overcome me again and I saw the elf's hand in a strange shape as he picked himself up. Thinking it was sound-based I used corruption to deafen myself which worked as I no longer felt sleepy.

I extended my hand to the mirror and my scintilla came through shattering it, I then jammed it into the holster on my belt holding itself in place as it locked itself in. I couldn't hear anything but I could tell people were screaming from the terrified children beside the elf looking ragged.

I shot a white fireball into him once more knocking him further back and walked out the room to then look in the corridor to see I was being stared at by adults followed by groups of children my age and height wearing safety gear.

I left my disfigured mask as it was but lifted up the black hood on my white coat and began running away.

"Dumbass, it should be safe to hear again! We're no longer sleepy in here!"

Following Thorn's advice, I undid the corruption in my eardrums to hear people shouting to catch me telling me to stop as a loud siren blared in the building.

With every step forward I took I left a trace of ice mana that burst into a wall behind me slowing down my pursuers, when I got to an empty corridor after a turning I covered my white long coat in shadows turning it black. "Exit, exit! Where's the exit!"

I continued running aimlessly following any sign that led to the way out

"Cayde, why don't we just break through the walls of this place and be done?"

I looked about wildly at a crossroads trying to look for a way out but went with my gut "It's because they're angry enough already that we destroyed the last institute! I don't want to garner any more hatred!"

When I got to the end of the corridor I chose I saw a window leading out though I had no clue which floor I was on

"we'll only destroy a little bit of it!" I beelined for the window readying to jump through "Lupra, the second we get to ground level jump out and go as fast as you can!"