Episode 14 : a slackers life ; 1

The morning after I woke up I was laying in my bath relaxing, not moving an inch while rumbling could be heard on the other side of the doorway. I opened my eyes from my quick nap wondering what caused it but surmised the beasts were fighting again.

I got out of the bath soaked in water wrapping a towel around my waist as I walked to the sink getting a good look at myself in the mirror. My wet dark burgundy red hair reached down to below my pale olive neck as water dripped onto the white stone floor below, my emerald green eyes lightless as always. I pulled another towel from the metal rack and harshly ruffled my hair drying it.

Once my hair had dried I walked into my bedroom through a large white door to see a dark blue maned white wolf running around rampantly trying to get the small black wyvern riding its back off who was exclaiming in joy. "Papa! Get Kralthorn off me please!" I ignored Lupra's plea for help and instead headed to my wardrobe where I put on a white black sleeved shirt with golden patterns and black trousers not bothering with any socks letting my feet feel the warm carpeted floor.

A loud bang then echoed in my room as the small wyvern finally got thrown off Lupra's back into the large reinforced white door. "Totally... worth it." The black wyvern slid down the door while I did the last button on my shirt. I looked down at him with an amused smirk across my face "you enjoy your rodeo Thorn?"

The black dragon shook its head before vibrantly responding "hell, yeah! It was so much fun I might just do it again!" The tiny wyvern shot forward aiming for the wolf but smashed headfirst into a wall of ice disorienting it. The wolf came from the other side with an annoyed huff "jeez~. Papa why didn't you help me!"

Before responding to the wolf's anger I picked up a silver necklace with two silver pendants on it one Y-shaped the other contorted of three V's putting it into my pocket. "Because I know you are just trying to get attention Lupra. That trick doesn't work on me anymore now that you're older." The wolf gave an irritated glare but my attention was drawn to the door as a servant knocked "young master Cayden. A package with your name on it has arrived."

"Thank you! I'll be down to get it in a minute!" I looked about until I spotted a void ring and tucked it into the same pocket the necklace was in. I pushed open the door leaving the tiny dragon and wolf in there heading to a staircase leading downstairs "round two, Fluffcicle!" The barks of Lupra's rage were loud as Thorn tackled her but quieted once the door fully closed behind me.

As I looked downstairs I saw a large box holding something angry inside it as it tried to break out alongside two smaller black boxes with Gill and several servants getting ready to move it. "What's with the captured beast?" The bald man wearing a suit looked at me thankfully "I have a guest coming whose fond of fighting beasts. I had to prepare this if I want our deal to go down as I hope. Could you calm it by chance?"

I put my hand to the shaking box feeling the beast inside was at a low tier in strength and gushed out white veins from my hand covering it and the box no longer making a sound. One of the servants with him then handed me the two black boxes the size of a thick book each as they prepared to move it and thanked them. "Sounds fun. Well, if things get out of control you know where Ronik is."

I quickly left heading into another room with the two boxes placing them atop a glass table. A doorway quietly opened behind me, different from the one I entered and I could hear the giggling of two little girls as they slowly approached. Figuring they were trying to sneak up on me I pretended not to notice as I kept my back to them collecting the back of my hair tightening it as I tied it up into a side ponytail.

Opening one of the black boxes and pulled out a silver and orange cored sword guard and black handle inspecting it. The little girls jumped at me behind me crying out but were stopped as a bouncy wall of darkness got in the way making it difficult for them to move. "Unfair! We've only just started learning magic how can you use it against us!"