Episode 18 : Forbidden tongue ; 5

Returning to the mountains foot I reported my sightings to the commander keeping civilians and adventurers at bay.

Looking up I saw the dragon fighting Quinella viciously not giving her any room to breathe as it melted her weapons away one after another. It was envying watching her fight against a legendary creature and there were three of them here at that.

Even though I'm the royal scout knight... why am I the only one not fighting something incredible?

Walking away looking back down at the earth I headed for a white tent where the recently injured Preirig soldiers were recuperating.

As I lifted the veil a metal tray of silver utensils was being thrown against the cloth.

"Sir, please calm down! There are other patients here!"

"Calm down? Calm down! We just got beaten up and chased away by a dog, losing two of our members yet you want me to calm down?!" The angry man was overhearing one of his fellow teammates as he seethed angrily.

"Knock it off!" The two froze from a brown-skinned girl's voice as she laid on a bed "max's wound wasn't fatal and avoided anything vital and Percy is frozen but not dead. We just need a way to get that stuff out of him."

As I walked forward I spotted the two aforementioned men. Ones chest was covered in blood-soaked bandages while the other was covered in purple veins locking him in position though he groaned as much as possible trying to speak.

Seeing the familiar veins I spoke "I know someone who can do something similar. Maybe he can do something to help your friend?"

The group of animakin looked at me as I observed their frozen friend. The big one quickly grabbed my collar and lifted me from the floor "if you know him then go get him to help instead of dawdling about, human!"

"Easy there. I never said I was a friend of his. The last time we met he beat me black and blue."

The big guy lifted his fist to punch "you little..!"

"Enough!" The man froze again and dropped me "go outside Mathias and cool off!"

With a grumble, he stepped outside and the tent became quiet "who are you?"

"Orchard of the Searigan royal knights scouting regiment. You are?"

"Mayliff, commander of sweeping talons squad." The girl nudged her head and the rest of her squad quickly disappeared "what do you want to ask"

"Just a quick question so don't worry. I'll tell you that person's name after." Mayliff stayed silent and I continued "what are you doing acting in Searigan borders? The Banderans have an excuse with the dragon but you don't. Did you know this was going to happen?"

Mayliff scoffed at my question then spoke "I wish I knew this was going to happen. It's tradition for our squad to do training in the mountains here every few months. We sensed the mana surge then found the Fenrir. We thought that if we killed that we could get promoted and get benefits for our respective clans."

As I wrote down her response several screams sounded outside "thank you for your answers commander Mayliff!"

"Wait! Who's the man you mentioned?!"

Running out of the tent I saw the dragon flat on its back tearing apart a Bandero soldier trying to stab into its chest with a spear. After tearing the black knight in half the black dragon roared and shot a flaming jet up into the sky dispersing Quinella and the rest of her soldiers.

The dragon then got up onto all fours and roared fiercely once more.

"Damn dragon! Die!" One of the Bandero soldiers shot a blindingly bright spear at the dragon.