Episode 4 : Unjust Prisoner ; 1

I awoke in a cold sweat inside a cold metal carriage, as I tried getting up scores of stabbing pains echoed throughout my body making me quietly groan in agony.

I sat myself up ignoring the bursts of pain seeing the two silver knights in the carriage alongside me watching me carefully, I then looked down to see my hands and feet cuffed connected by a chain also wrapped around my neck "you had one hell of a dream kid, nearly knocked this thing over with how much you were tossing and turning."

I stayed silent not saying a word annoyed at my current predicament looking around trying to get my bearings, I decided to try and shoot my way out circulating mana in my circuits but was unable to conjure any spells.

The knights didn't notice my attempt so I simply sighed thinking they must have drugged me with something or it has to do with the cuffs on my body so I simply circulated my circuits with mana to strengthen them with the mana already trapped inside me unable to do anything else.

The knight gave a distant look at me before he spoke again "You know you were in a coma for a month kid, I figured it might have been the first thing you asked but I guess you're giving us the silent treatment huh?"

I was startled when he said this but stayed unwavering not showing any emotions, I just closed my eyes to try and nap until the journey was over despite my recent nightmare. "Your certainly an interesting kid. Going straight back to sleep after a nightmare. I thought you'd ask where were also heading."

Unable to hide my annoyance from the brown mustached knight I asked "where are we going and what happened while I was asleep."

He gave a subjective look as I'd just thrown his previous kindness away as if it was a piece of rotten food "were heading for the Greyfeather manor in southern Bandero in the city of Highscale." The one word I was happy to hear was south as it meant I'd be able to quickly escape to Searigan territory once I find a way to escape and reunite with Lupra.

"Now while you were asleep you underwent total hogwash of prosecution as you had no way to defend yourself in court. I heard it's because someone put a curse on you to keep ya asleep though that's just a rumor. So you were to be held in the Greyfeather family cellar until you finally reveal where the heart ruby is and then your fate will be decided by another judgment by the council of Bandero to decide your fate."

That's annoying. Just why does the lady of the Greyfeather family want me so much that she'd rig a trial for her own benefit? "Anything else worth note?"

The man stroked his bushy mustache as he tried to remember anything else "oh yes! Now I remember!"

I stared at him conceitedly awaiting his recount "the knight that put you into a coma, sir Rycher. He had his knighthood revoked!" I was happy hearing this allowing a smile to cross my lips "he then tried to assassinate you in your sleep as you were being moved but sir Yerten stopped him saving your life but unfortunately had to kill Rycher."

I grew dissatisfied when I heard this sulking my face slightly. I wanted revenge for what he'd done to me but it seems that my future quarry and the first victim I planned to kill was taken away from me. Oh well. What's done is done, can't really hate Yerten for saving my life twice can I? "What happened to Yerten after?"

"He got promoted to army general position and now controls the fortress next to the border of Priveth. I don't know why he wanted to go there but according to what I've heard it's apparently what he wished for as a reward."

This confused me as well, he could have asked to retire which is what I probably would have done considering how much generals made in a day in my old life. "The fortress is awfully cold, it's always surrounded by snowstorms all year round. I'll never understand his choice." The man continued to ramble as my attention changed to my mana.