Episode 19 : Knowledge and flames ; 5

Damian Nallos POV:

The top floor of the central tower exploded while crowds of students were walking to class. Waves of screams covered the area as the debris of rock and furniture fell. Upper years and teachers worked together to blast apart the falling stones and clear the surrounding area of the tower.

Damnit, Cayde! Was this a part of your plan?

Looking through the smoke a strange creature resembling that of a spider was falling to the ground. Once it emerged from the smoke I was shocked to see the black knight that covered the continent's papers months ago barreling to the earth.

Was it, Cayde? Or was it a part of his plan? I had no idea I just had to make sure I stayed standing in this spot.

Before the black knight crashed into the ground it turned and a great gale saved it from crashing treading lightly as more debris fell around it looking up as if waiting for something. From its back, four long ribbons were waving about. Two were wrapped about something looking like a spider's cocoon as something wriggled inside them.

"What is that?"

"Isn't that the spirit that was protected by a dragon?

"Whatsit holding?"

Students murmured about. I didn't even have to do anything and the whole school had already gathered to watch whatever Cayde had planned.

Two figures then jumped down from the ruined tower. One was headmaster Weaver covered in tattered clothes holding a long sword with the wind swirling around it violently the other was an unnervingly handsome boy too good looking for his age holding a familiar yet strange sword covered in rainbow colors.

the two said something to each other then jumped down being pushed forward by powerful winds. The knight in its crystal black body formed a long broadsword made of purple fire holding it in both hands and clashing with the headmaster while the boy in pure black clothes cut off one of the ribbons and now that I could see him closer that boy was Arthur.

The ribbons loosened around what they were holding to reveal Bella unconscious. Arthur pushed himself off the air reaching for her to save her but was grabbed by the ankle and thrown harshly into the stone floor while headmaster Weaver got pushed back into the central tower.

The knight looked at me for a moment with its purple eyes as if winking then a spout of water shot Bella over in my direction. This was what Cayde wanted me for? Just to help me get the girl of my dreams by traumatizing her and manhandling her fragile body to then make me look like the brave hero that saved her!? Thank you!

Jumping up with all my might I caught the flying Bella as she opened her eyes to see me "Damian?.." we got back to the floor and when I tried to put her down she wrapped her hands around me stopping me "please... my legs won't stop shaking." Despite the surrounding stares I adhered to her request and held her.

As if to declare victory the knights flaming broadsword turned into a mace and smashed into where Arthur lay pummeling him into the ground brutally. However, the knight suddenly got blasted back with a bright ray of light and Arthur emerged from the hole with only a bloodied nose.

The entire male crowd questioned with bitterness how his face was unscathed and managed to look even more handsome as the girls swooned "what did you do to the alchemist?!" Arthur shouted

The knight landed still holding a cocoon and answered in an incredibly reverb voice "he's fine. He just did a minor favor for me." Arthur pointed his sword covered in different energies and readied to lunge "since when did you value him so much?"

Not answering Arthur launched forward cutting the final cocoon free and just as the knight reacted to stop him threads made of wind held down the knight's arm and headmaster Weaver came running out of the hole in the tower shooting wind bullets.