Episode 13 : New home ; 3

Two days later we arrived at Tyres in my Incursik alias hoping to slip through without much attention.

"Gods, Cayde, this cue is too long!" The red-eyed cat grew bored and annoyed as it rested on my head hiding under my black hood

"just bear with it, there are only a few more people anyways." Thorn continued to moan regardless of what I said. I did consider climbing over the walls protecting the city when I first arrived but if I did I feel like I'm going to get in trouble with Nallos

"Next!"

I presented my adventurer's ID to the gate guard who was shocked when he read it confusing Thorn and me.

"Excuse me are you really Incursik the dragon slayer who saved the young lord Damian's life?"

I wondered why he needed clarification but I simply nodded as an icy aura began to emanate from me showing my want to get moving.

"I'm terribly sorry but I'm under orders to ask you to wait for a carriage. I just need to send a carrier bird and it will be here in a few minutes." He was scared by my aura but adhering to what he said I stopped scaring him and sat on the chair behind him "thank you very much! Nathan! Cover for me for a few seconds!" The knight then disappeared and another came replacing his position as murmurs spread among the people in the cues as they saw me sitting down.

"I guess it was a good thing we didn't climb over the walls after all." Thorn remarked

Yeah. This is also a good sign that my family arrived since he wouldn't know to tell people to prepare for me otherwise.

The squawking of birds could then be heard and a carriage being pulled by two ostriches appeared being driven by the knight that disappeared "Mr. Incursik, please get on. We'll be at the manor in 10 minutes."

I climbed up sitting beside the knight surprising him "go"

"y-yes sir!" He slapped the reins and the ostriches began jogging through the stone-white and grey city taking us to the city center seeing the large house in the distance.

As we traveled I noticed that the city architecture was very similar to Entrana's which made sense since they're two of the five guarding cities that protect the Searig capital.

The knight kept looking at me nervously through his helmet wanting to ask something but stayed silent. "Is there something so important that you need to keep averting your gaze from the road, sir?"

"Ahh, sorry! It's just... I was wondering if you could perhaps give me an autograph? My little brother is a big fan of yours. He has all the books recounting your adventures and even has a figurine of you."

There are books? Since when was I so popular? "You have anything I can sign then?"

Excitedly he put the reins into one hand and pulled a figurine of me out from his void ring "here. Could you sign it please?" I took it from his hand and observed it carefully to see it was shaped as if the wind was blowing my coat back with my two swords holstered on my hips as I prepared a white fireball to attack.

Thorn popped his head out from my hood and stared at the clay figurine "Okay now that's just unfair. How come you get famous for getting beaten up while no one knows I even exist!"

I chuckled at Thorn's temper as I carefully inscribed my name onto a small golden plaque that was in between its legs, maybe you should try being nicer, Thorn. Maybe then I'll let you be known as incursiks sidekick.

"Oh screw you!"

Thorn then hid back under my hood as I handed the figurine back to the knight "thank you very much! My brother will be happy to get this."