Episode 19 : Running for home ; 2

Getting into a stance waiting for the first attacker Thorn flew up into the sky out of sight leaving them all to be handled by me alone "have fun down there! I'm gonna find something to eat!"

bastard. I was almost grateful for him leaving me alone with them all but found it a little suspicious he didn't want to get involved.

The surrounding elves nodded at each other and ran at me together launching various attacks of nature, earth, poison, water, and light magics. "Now now! Let's have some fun!"

Spinning my freezing energy sword around I jammed it into the earth releasing a bone-chilling blizzard in all directions freezing their attacks in the air slowing their movements.

"Blasted human! White cedar!" An elven girl continued forward and frosted branches shot up from the ground underneath the trees surrounding me as the blizzard kept rampaging around us.

"An enchanter? Your even rarer than sorcerers like me!" Meeting her blade I pulled out a violet blade from my necklace and with a loud clang, the surrounding blizzard waned making it easier to see.

As she pushed against me she took in every detail of my body "that mask and sword! You're the adventurer that disappeared two years ago. Incursik the battle demon!"

Smiling through my mask I revealed my pure black horns atop my skull "to think an elf would even know of me. I'm honored." Infusing more strength into my arms I shoved her blade off me and quickly spun around kicking another elf in the face launching them away spitting blood.

"Have you never heard of battle etiquette?" As the elf flew backward I ran after him grabbing his face and smashing the back of his skull into a recently formed ice pillar knocking him out.

The female elf from before then came running in angrily again "take me seriously!" running past her though I slashed down on the weapons of the two elves following her knocking them into the earth

"face my demon!"

As I froze the two elves to the floor a great tree sprouted underneath her feet growing at a rapid pace. Its branches chased after me but before they could even get close to me they froze over and shattered from the blizzards freezing winds.

The weaker elves were already trapped in ice by the blizzard so with another snap of my fingers it vanished revealing the elf atop the tree along with two others still able to fight.

They quickly grouped up standing beside each other to take me down together as they thought up a plan. My eyes turned to see the cannon had now been recharged and they were preparing to fire another shot.

"7 minutes to reload. Not bad considering its output. That'll be more than enough time for Thorn to fly past."

The elves then returned from their quick meeting with hot air exuding from the bodies when met with the freezing wind around them.

"What are you doing here demon?!"

"Would you believe me if I told you I was fighting the black knight that was riding the meteor earlier and ended up getting dragged along?" The elf's eyes showed they held no weight to my words as they imagined what it must have looked like. "I wanted to leave quickly and quietly but your captain kind of prevented that."

Taking a step forward I spotted several faint red flashes in the opposing elves' pockets.

"Cayde you've got incoming! They've called the entire bloody military to capture you!" Thorns voice was calm yet amazed, it must have been quite the amount for him to sound like that "they'll be on top of you in 15 minutes. What do you want to do?"