Epiose 6 : Fox Fight ; 2

Guild master Ulter POV:
With a single glance at the little demon, I could see why Albert a former mid-tier gold rank adventurer was so interested in him.

The amount of mana and the speed of circulation he had in him was comparable to a silver tier beast which was impossible considering his age, did someone forcibly jumpstart his circuits when he was younger? "Abyss of alchemy eh? It's fitting considering your apparel young cub."

His swords were also unique. They were conductive blades! Masterpieces whose creators are unknown and whose methods to create them were lost along with their makers during the demon's purge. "I am Ulter Firell, I am a wizard who can manipulate lightning and shall be your administrator."

His eyes glowed silver in anticipation and excitement through the eyeholes of his bone-white mask of a bird laughing "Incursik. Sorcerer, manipulator of darkness and ice also dabbler of alchemy."

I made my surprise clear. He can wield dark magic as well!? This boy doesn't just represent the last of his species but the epicenter of all their traditions and customs!

It was said demons were masterful sorcerers with a strong affinity to dark magic but he is the first demon who can wield it that I've met in my 46 years of life! "The first move shall be mine Incursik!" I charged blue lightning into my metal bo-staff shooting an umbrella of lightning above the arena.

I looked at him expecting to let his guard down but he was running straight at me turning the wind mana into dark mana draping himself in shadows to protect himself, he really is a strange alchemist as well? Incredible "so your not one to be distracted easily, good! 10 points!"

I urged the lightning to rain from the umbrella above, then blue thunderbolts came down at him from the umbrella above us as I prepared my next attack, thunderbolt after thunderbolt got absorbed into his purple sword as he swatted them away using it for defense but not his red one holding it behind him as he maneuvered about the field closing distance on me.

I then shot several thunderous orbs at him lashing out lightning on approach but instead of trying to run from them he still continued his advance! I thought he was foolhardy and overconfident but quickly realized I was wrong as he shot three pillars of ice at the orbs pushing them aside stopping their angry bolts from reaching him.

This was the first time I had felt excitement in years, the demon then gained a sudden boost in speed catching me off guard but could tell where he was aiming to attack, and raised my metal rod from the ground blocking his orange sword from striking at me protecting my neck.

A smirk came across his face visible through his mask "I'm guessing simply being able to get an attack on you won't be enough to pass then!"

He pushed through with his orange sword thrusting me backward a few feet and quickly followed with a blade of darkness but I quickly shattered it with a flash of thunder from the blue orb in my staff and was surprised to see incursik right behind it following his black blade.

I needed time to cast my next spell which I didn't have so I blocked his blades with my metal staff engaging in close combat.

As his orange blade pushed against the staff in both my hands he struck down with his other sword increasing my difficulty to stop him "Smart. You know to take away a long-distance mage's main form of attack." His silver eyes then perked open through his mask as he realized my strength had increased now putting pressure on him "but the thing is... I'm originally a close combat mage!"

I pushed my staff upwards staggering him backward raising his swords into the air and quickly struck him in the chest with the electrified end of my rod pushing him away but the demon was able to get a counterattack shooting an icicle at my shoulder in the split second before he was raised in the air stopping my follow up attack from hitting him.