Episode 2 : Party of Friends ; 2

I stood at the doorway inspecting the red box Dendra had given me holding the item for the girl's birthday in my yellow shirt with black patterns and brown shorts. "Are you sure she'll like this as a gift? It seems like something a teenager would enjoy more."

"Relax child. This is a gift to forge friends not for extravagance." Dendra's face kept beaming with pride proud of the item she had helped me sculpt "now go child or else you might be late. You know where to go yes?"

I gave a tired sigh as I put the box down to adjust the short side ponytail I had hanging at the back right of my head making sure it wouldn't mess with the hair hiding my left eye "for the fifth time Dendra I know where to go, it's literally in the center of town. They have the biggest garden it's kinda hard to miss."

"You getting snappy with me boy?" I flinched taking a step outside picking up the red box with its golden ribbon "oh I'm sorry child I just hope that you'll make friends last a lifetime." She then kneeled down and pulled me in to hug her. "Now go quickly, before I change my mind."

Her drama acting had been going badly I see, I quickly left with Lupra to avoid more of Dendra's theatrics hoping that I'd be able to make a good first impression putting the gift into my void ring and see what it would be like to be a genuine kid for at least a day and not an adult stranded in an infants body.

I rode on Lupras back as we exited the forest being greeted by waves from the guards atop the wall waving back. I spotted Edward in the distance who was trying to signal me over, lupra sped up the pace to reach the gate faster "what's the matter, Edward?"

He took me and lupra further away from the gate and leaned in to whisper "the fat son of count Welles is waiting for you here with his entourage. It would be best if you circle round to the other entrance." I figured he meant the blue coat piggy boy from ship boys gang.

I was thankful for the worry "I can handle myself you don't need to worry about me uncle."

"That's the thing it's not you, I'm worried about Cayde but him." He gave a loud sigh as he looked back before continuing "just, make sure not to hurt em alright?" I nodded in agreement and he let me through the gate where I then saw the chubby brat complaining to his guards who obviously wanted to punch him but couldn't, he then, unfortunately, noticed me as he turned around.

"Aha! There you are you, deceitful plebeian, from a house of swine's." Who's calling who a pig now you fatty!? He arrogantly walked over to me as I tried to continue but was asked by his guard "kid could you at least listen to what the young master has to say? It will make our lives a lot easier."

Out of pity from looking at the tired guard, I stopped Lupra and looked down at the boy who had a conniving smirk below me.

"I! Benjamin von Welles have taken an interest in your pet and would like to purchase this filthy mutt from you and give it a proper home where I can treasure it!" Lupra could sense my anger seething as did the guards, lupra wasn't just something to be treated as an ornament! She was my first friend, mine and no one else's to be used by! I glared into him with killing intent for an instant, panicked the brat fell to his back, fear-ridden across his sweating face "it was just a joke there's no need to be so hostile!"

The guards words brought me back to reality as the brat was begging for his life with pea leaking from his shorts.

Realizing the trauma I induced on the chubby boy I felt some regret but not much "As was what I did to him Mr guard, now I need to go, I'm late for something."

Lupra raced off away into the town as the guards were then scolded by the brat as they picked him up who then went on to shout at me calling me a coward.