Episode 21 ; timeskip ; 1

Arthur Moonleaf POV:

In the anemakins country of Preirig just outside the a southern cities walls an amassing force of 300 soldiers from human, elf and animakin armies are preparing.

Looking down at them from the walls i questioned just how many times i will have to see this sight.

To others it would be a grand sight, but to me, its just something i have seen and will see over and over, that is my fate as a regressor until i finally achieve my goal of saving this world.

"Is that him?"

"Yeah. Thats Arthur Moonleaf. The youngest royal knight of the Searig army."

"I heard he just turned seventeen recently."

The soldiers on the walls doing their rounds whispered behind me about all the rumours about me.

Their complacency to whats coming is infuriating as always but theres nothing i could do. In my first regression i tried to warn people of the future that was to come but none believed me. When what i spoke of finally came to pass they revered me as a god who could save them.

They were people i either once held trust for or now no longer do. It was pitiful seeing their true colours laid bare in front of me, and once my second regression began i knew what i needed to do. But how was a mystery.

Until i met him.

Silven Windrega. A man who never showed up in any of the previous regressions. An abnormality that shouldn't of existed.

'He should be here.'

He was supposed to be coming with me into our destination today but he has yet to show his face. Taking the story merchant's word at face value was a mistake.

"Are you going to continue brooding alone or are you going to join the march?"

Glancing to my side i saw the best friend of the story merchant. "Damien..." this boy may not look it but he is critical for my plans in the future.

He was known as the 'vagrant hope' by those he saved. Being protected by a being that didn't enjoy slaughter and instead sought to protect all he could.

"Where is the one your friend promised would be here?"

"I'm not sure either. Cayde said 'he'll meet you partway.' Something about him being busy."

Damien was nervous in my presence and looked like a fragile warrior but his abilities and potential are unmatched. If only he could overcome his minority complex and stopped chasing after women.

"Captain!" Down the wall a foot soldier was calling me "the combined forces have begun their march! The commander is calling you! We need you at the front to ensure were going the right path!"

I nodded and jumped down

"Hey!"

Damien followed after slowing his descent with jets of flames at his feet while i had already landed taking the brunt of the force sinking my feet into the earth slightly.

Ignoring the foot-soldiers aghast face i declared "lets go. Time is not on our side today."

*

The army of 300 able bodied soldiers marched through a thick forest heading east.

At the forefront of the group unlike the rest of the captains of the expedition i was walking by foot as they rode up high on their mounts.

they had no care for me from the day we met. Always ignoring me because i was too young for my role. They can die in whats to come for all i care. None of them are essential towards my plans and will most definitely be a hindrance instead.