Episode 10 : royal duel ; 3

The auction continued and I bid for several items that would help jumpstart Thorns growth.

There were 12 elemental cores I bought for him as well as a few magic stones that could help accelerate his mana circuits growth by using it as a conduit to forcibly expand them with my own mana. "I must say Incursik you have quite a mass of wealth to be spending it this freely."

The two kings had sat next to me trying to befriend me. Midas sat on my right close to his daughter Georgia and Welf to my left while their wives talked. "I'm just a workaholic king Welf. I imagine you've heard the title of the battle demon before after all."

"Going once! Going twice! Sold to the young demon accompanying the two kings! Thank you for purchasing the king's stone for two million numa good sir!" While I didn't show it outside I was in great pain. Of the 50 million I just earned I've already had to spend 40! I'm only left with 15 million now!

"Now we shall move onto the final item of tonight's auction!" The elven woman revealed a large rainbow-colored stone the size of my head "this is a link stone! According to our research, it will allow multiple subjects to be able to establish a partnership to do dual cultivation in magic with no side effects! The bid shall start at 1 million!"

I leaned forward invested in the item. That alongside everything else I've bought will greatly help not just me but Thorn and Lupra as well!

I immediately pressed the button starting my bidding of 3 million for it. "Oh? Are you interested in that item Incursik? If you wish I could help you attain it."

Someone raised it to 10 million immediately putting visible pain on me for the kings to see but not backing down I raised it to 13 million "it's something that I need currently." The bid was then raised to 20 million and I lost a little hope "if I were to ask for your help my liege what would you like in return?"

King Midas then smiled slightly "nothing large. I would just like it if you could teach my daughter a few moves in the arena and give a few pointers to my other two children."

There's nothing to lose from accepting his proposal, the only problem would be what happens when I beat his daughter?

"25 million! Will anyone go for higher than 25 million!" Caught in a decisive moment needing that rainbow stone badly I said "it would be perfectly fine with me king Midas. Now could you help me procure the stone?"

He then pressed the button on his remote raising the bid to 30 million. No one else downstairs contested with it afterward, I could see a fat man clearly angry but bottling up his rage. "Sold for 30 million! Thank you bidder 24!"

"Now then Incursik, why don't you pay me back immediately?" I sighed amused by the human king's rush to see what I'm capable of "it would be my pleasure."

I stood up from my seat leaving Thorn on the seat to watch alongside Lupra who was now in Georgia's lap. "Daughter! Incursik would like to spar with you!"

Sophie then turned around waving her oak brown hair about with visible excitement abruptly leaving her mother and brother's conversation. "Where are we going to fight!?" She then pulled out a silver sword with a golden handguard and brown handle.

I looked about verifying the size of the room. "In here should be fine so long as no one uses a spell."

I pulled out my crimson orange and violet purple swords from my necklace. The king looked at me with a damper attitude but her daughter only grew more excited "perfect! I've always thought of magic as nothing but a crutch."

I briefly disappeared from their sight moving to the room's center surprising them all. "Let's get some more room then shall we?"

I then clicked my fingers and white tentacles spread across the room moving all the furniture about until it was as if we were in a small arena. "Demon. Try not to go overboard. We don't know what the parent will do when his offspring loses."