Episode 10 : Auction after lunch ; 1

I spent an hour in the morning watching as Thorn kept changing his form growing massive wing arms which then disappeared turning himself into a regular snake which then turned into a winged cat until finally, we came up with a good form for him to look like in public.

We spent the rest of the morning at the inn's cafe waiting for the auction's start time after lunch.

"Is this guise really needed demon? I feel like an idiot." I took a long sip from my apple juice looking down at the pure black-furred cat with red eyes, silver-tipped tail, and two short silver horns that were hidden beside his fluffy ears.

"It'll be easier for us to get about if people think I'm just some kid with his pet dog and cat rather than a Fenrir and dragon Thorn," I stated matter of factly.

I placed my half-drunk glass back down onto the wooden table beside him as he nibbled at a large piece of mana-infused fish while Lupra ate from a dog bowl beside him.

"I understand wanting to be a secretive demon but we can just hide in the soul veil can't we?"

"You could, but I doubt you'll want to always stay in there nicely won't you?" Thorn then looked over at Lupra who had stopped eating her food with a guilty look. "Heh, heh your not going to tell him... right papa?"

I gave her an evil smile in response "Lupra once jumped out of me as I was in the middle of talking with a friend saying I was in no way related to Incursik my alter ego, burying my attempt to keep my real identity secret from him."

Thorn then stared at the guilty wolf full of laughing mockery "I was literally hatched yesterday! Yet I've got more brain cells than you, you stink breath!" I laughed at Thorn's insult as Lupra moped.

"Order of twin cheeseburgers, a very rare salmon, and dog food for order 43!" I turned my head to the counter where the receptionist called out my order

"you two play nice, I'll get our lunch." I left my seat and headed over to the desk pulling out my order slip as a tall man then stepped in front of me trying to take the tray with my food on it. "Excuse me! That's my food!" The tall man then turned around showing the rows of knives on his belt as well as his gold rank adventurer license dangling from his neck.

"Is it though? Look here 43." He shoved a black wooden block in my face with a silver 43 that had clearly been made quickly. I then heavily breathed on it from my nose, secretly using a bit of alchemy to change the numbers.

sarcastically I said "It actually says, 57 misters. I think you need glasses." He pulled it away laughing at me until he looked at it himself being stunned as I smirked. "W-what did you do! I was clearly 43!" He pulled a knife on me pointing it at my chest the putting tray back on the counter.

He was quick to action looking frightened "Absolutely nothing mister. It's just like I said earlier, I think you need glasses." The other diners looked at us curious as to what the situation was as I pretended to be an innocent child.

He looked to my right angrily where I saw a blue badger and an animakin otter eared man looking at me angrily. Must be who talked him into it.

I pulled out my genuine plaque not minding him and walked past him giving it to the chef. "Thanks for the food." As I turned around the man tried to slap the tray out of my hands but with how slow his movements were I moved my tray of food to my right hand and clasped his hand in my left crushing it with purple lightning bolts hovering about.

He screamed out in pain as he fell to his knees "it was my food order how dare you steal it! Th-Thief!" Challenging him to continue the charade I put more pressure on his hand "Am I now?" I then coursed lightning inside him putting him in pain but preventing him from screaming putting a ring of corruption inside his throat.